Polaris General Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
As of now there still hasn’t been a “planning date” for my 22 general xp4 1000 deluxe in matte ghost white.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had a supply chain call this morning in regard to my industry (not related to this market). some highlights:
  • Right now vendors are telling them they hire 3 people and 1 shows up to work. Vendors expect things to stay about the same until the unemployment assistance comes off (Sept.). Then about 60 days after that things starting to ease up. Basically no improvement until Q1 2022.
  • ~10% of the US Steel manufactures are not coming back online after the pandemic shutdowns and 25% tariffs are still on for foreign steel. (makes me wonder if steel will be the next bottleneck)
  • Some companies are not even getting bids back for steel. Having to go to the recyclers to try to source.
  • Ocean shipping containers were about $2K last year to ship, now about $8-$11K.
  • Ground transport was about 25 loads per driver last year, peaked over 90 and now back down to about 50. The product is made, just can't get it moved.
  • Expect to see some restoring of US manufacturing in the next few years. No immediate relief there. Makes me wonder if they will even be able to find the folks to work the plant if they bring them back anyway!

Basically, from what I heard this morning I am surprised anything is being built!

·
Registered
38 Posts
You’re not wrong @SoDakKid , but each state is different on the unemployment benefits. Arkansas has already dropped theirs. But we have seen a mass increase of inflation in the past month or 2 in my industry as well. It’s getting a bit ridiculous, and frustrating! I’m tired of waiting on mine, tbh.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You’re not wrong @SoDakKid , but each state is different on the unemployment benefits. Arkansas has already dropped theirs. But we have seen a mass increase of inflation in the past month or 2 in my industry as well. It’s getting a bit ridiculous, and frustrating! I’m tired of waiting on mine, tbh.
I was thinking the same thing. A lot of states dropped the unemployment thing, but I am sure the coasts where a lot of the product lands from overseas still have it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My general came about a week earlier than they anticipated marked as the 'firm ship date'. Means there must be some type of rush to hurry them out and get them to dealers. Hurrah! Anything I should be looking over? It's my first General and first SxS for recreation

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000 on order
30 Posts
My general came about a week earlier than they anticipated marked as the 'firm ship date'. Means there must be some type of rush to hurry them out and get them to dealers. Hurrah! Anything I should be looking over? It's my first General and first SxS for recreation
WyWokka the only thing you should be looking over is the top of the steering and driving it like you stole it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the call yesterday afternoon my general is ready to be picked up. Only bummer is I won't be able to pick it up till next week!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts