Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my General on March 16th and still haven't taken delivery. Can anyone that recently took delivery tell me what type of time frame I am looking at?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I ordered a General Sport on February 20th and found out on April 3rd it was not going to be built this year. I then ordered a General Deluxe on April 5th. According to my dealer, it is scheduled for production between the dates of 5/27/2021 - 7/12/2021. It's status on 5-28 was "being planned" Good luck!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Most are saying 2-5 months and some longer.
Color seems to have a lot to do with it also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most are saying 2-5 months and some longer.
Color seems to have a lot to do with it also.
[/QUOTE
I ordered my XP 4 Deluxe Ride Command in white mid-may. My dealer is saying August-October, without giving much detail. Planning for the worst, hoping for the best...... ]

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000 XP 4 Deluxe
82 Posts
I ordered my General on March 16th and still haven't taken delivery. Can anyone that recently took delivery tell me what type of time frame I am looking at?
I ordered March 10 and still am waiting. Called yesterday and gave me a ship date of 6/14

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I ordered a General Sport on February 20th and found out on April 3rd it was not going to be built this year. I then ordered a General Deluxe on April 5th. According to my dealer, it is scheduled for production between the dates of 5/27/2021 - 7/12/2021. It's status on 5-28 was "being planned" Good luck!
did they not kick you to a 22 model? They kicked me to a 22 model

·
Registered
18 Posts
did they not kick you to a 22 model? They kicked me to a 22 model
I believe I'm getting a 2021 model. My dealer told me at the time that the only General scheduled for build before the new models were produced was the Deluxe in white. My accessories are in, full doors, front and rear glass, not sure about the heater though. We shall see if Polaris comes through.

·
Registered
2021 general deluxe, 2 seat
17 Posts
I ordered my 21 deluxe july 2020. Didn't get it till November. Ordered a bunch of accessories but only the ride command, factory installed, came in. After 3 months I canceled the accessories. I'm buying the accessories as I go....

·
Registered
3 Posts
New here, hello! (Im)patiently been waiting forever! Ordered our Tan XP4 on Jan 27th. Started out delivery date of 4/1. Latest is 6/22. It's been pushing out about 5-10 days every week or so...not particularly optimistic. Dealer said all his Generals ordered after mine were pushed to 2022. Polaris direct said general orders were a huge hold up, especially the Tan ones

Couple good things could be...dealer said he just got a Tan one in last week for a customer. And spoke with Polaris customer service today who said he spoke with a customer who had her ordered "moved up" by two weeks. I'm hoping this means they start coming in.

Tan buyers -- please keep us all posted! With all that said, should I be annoyed the unit is so late with 22s coming out in a couple months...?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a 2021 General XP deluxe on April 16th and was give a June 15th to July 1 delivery date from the dealer last Thursday. I emailed Polaris last Saturday to double check and received a call from them Monday morning saying the delivery dates were now June 30th to July 29th and I was told those were also subject to change. Debating on waiting for next year's model but at this point I'm not sure when or if the 2022's will be out at all this year. In talking with my dealer last week they mentioned that they were having problems getting certain parts like steering components and a few other key things so they thought that possibly might be the reason why it's taking so long to ship the vehicles themselves. I did speak to a friend who just received her Northstar Ranger which she ordered in February.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General XP 4 1000
8 Posts
Well, I ordered my General XP4 in Tan on Nov. 27th, 2020 and it just arrived at the dealer today, hopefully ready for pickup tomorrow or Saturday. If I hadnt went and bought $3k worth of windshields, heater and upper doors just after placing the order because the dealer told me about a month the machine woudl be in, I would have cancelled and gave the RMAX a try many months ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my General XP4 in Tan on November 2nd, 2020 dealer told me 2 weeks, took delivery February 27th, 2021. Buddy ordered General XP4 in Graphite same day I did, his came in December 3rd, 2020.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I ordered my General XP4 in Tan on Nov. 27th, 2020 and it just arrived at the dealer today, hopefully ready for pickup tomorrow or Saturday. If I hadnt went and bought $3k worth of windshields, heater and upper doors just after placing the order because the dealer told me about a month the machine woudl be in, I would have cancelled and gave the RMAX a try many months ago.
Congrats! That's awesome news. Surprised the dealer wouldn't let you return the accessories due to the massive delay? Post some pics when you get it!! Still have never seen a 4 door in person hah crazy times.

·
Registered
2017 G2
1 Posts
Ordered my xp4 tan about the same time. Talked to Polaris yesterday and was told possibly end of august. Also said that the estimated date is just that, an estimate. Frustrating.

·
Registered
2021 XP G2 Military Tan
18 Posts
I ordered mine mid March. Was told 6-8 weeks. Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday next week putting it at 12 weeks. There’s a world wide chip shortage and mine was done at the 7 week mark but has been waiting for a ecu unit. They finally got some ecu chips last week. I know this to be true because I have also been waiting for Chrysler to get me a new turbo for my truck. Been waiting for 4 months for that and same issue. They have no chips for electronic piece on the turbos.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts