Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys currently own a 2020 ranger xp1000. Considering selling it and getting a general. Only reason I didn't get the general in first place is due to only having two seats and I have a 2 year old son. Currently he'd rather ride in my lap. But as he gets older is there a way to install a center seat? Don't want a 4 seater. Thanks guys

·
Registered
79 Posts
You can get the bump seat. That will be short term though.As the seat isn’t very big and will out grow it in a few years

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mountain fit makes a middle seat and with a harness it works great. I have a two year old and he has ridden there since he was a year old and loves it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mountain fit makes a middle seat and with a harness it works great. I have a two year old and he has ridden there since he was a year old and loves it.
How long do you think he'll be able to fit in it. I have a 2 year old also. Man I wish they had a general with some sort of third middle seat.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
The four seat General models are every bit as capable as a two seat General. I've seen them in action in Moab...impressive!
Safety of your children should been your first concern....a two year old on your lap is not a good thing...period.

Pirate

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have to agree with Pirate kids or grandkids (in my case) need to be in their own seat buckled in.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ya, do yourself a favor and get a four seater. They aren't that much more than the two seater and you will have additional room for stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's just me and the wife and if I had it to do over again I'd definantly get the G4! Problem with the G2is the wheelbase is just to short. At high speeds it wants to swap ends and hill climbs are a little iffy cause yafeel like your gonna flip over backwards! Maybe even check out the new Yamaha R Max 4?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have a four seater XP and it is very capable. It's very stable at all speeds and there is plenty of room. I have a Rzr 800 trail and many times I wished it had a couple more seats. That's why I went with the XP 4 and have no regrets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts