Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 21 General 4 XP Deluxe. Flexible on colors, doesn't really matter.

Obviously they are sold out everywhere and spotty on ordering but looking for a decent dealer to work with. Anyone have any suggestions? Hoping I can just get in on the queue and pick up something that's already in the pipeline.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Best of luck. We have learned that with the COVID-19 travel restrictions...many of those that typically travel internationally have moved into the realm of traveling within the USA.
To do so, many are purchasing RVs...so new ones are hard to find. Recreational vehicles....so new UTVs are hard to come by. Trailers for hauling their recreational vehicles...trailer manufacturers are having to redo the layout of their factory to meet the social distancing requirement so new ones are behind schedule. And thus spots in RV Parks are hard to come by.

Such is the new "normal" here in the United States. Not much one can do about it.

Pirate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - I'm more just looking for a dealer I can put in an order with that's decent to deal with (I assume everyone is just selling everything for MSRP if they can sell everything that is produced, or are there any discounts to be had at all?)

Don't mind waiting, just trying to prep for a couple riding trips next year, so I have time.

I know what you are talking about with the camping/RV/Motorhome stuff though. Everything has been booked up so we didn't even get to travel this year unfortunately. Just think of all the crap that will be up for sale in a year or two though. :)

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I've not really seen much as far as being able to "deal" on a UTV. Most sell for MSRP, and why not? Someone will buy it.

Wondering if all this stuff will be up for sale in a couple years. Lots of new buyers are Baby Boomers, me too. This generation is expected to inherit the most wealth, made the most money and had IRAs and 401Ks to invest for retirement. Certainly this ain't all boomers...but enough. This is the reason we've learned to plan major trips at least a year in advance.

So it goes....

Pirate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've not really seen much as far as being able to "deal" on a UTV. Most sell for MSRP, and why not? Someone will buy it.

Wondering if all this stuff will be up for sale in a couple years. Lots of new buyers are Baby Boomers, me too. This generation is expected to inherit the most wealth, made the most money and had IRAs and 401Ks to invest for retirement. Certainly this ain't all boomers...but enough. This is the reason we've learned to plan major trips at least a year in advance.

Pirate
Hopefully planning ahead for me and not having any trips planned until Feb/March of next year gives me enough time to pick a unit up.

Would the wheeling and dealing at this point pretty much just be on accessories I guess? If you can work a deal for the machine + whatever accessories you want all at the same time. I guess I'll see.

Thanks for the replies. I should be around here a bit going forward. Finally upgrading from a 2009 RZR-S I purchased back when they came out. Going to be a huge change I'm sure. :)

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 4 Deluxe
169 Posts
I have already talked with I69 used to be Abernathy. They do 3 grand of MSRP of XP Generals. Just waiting to hear back to put my down payment on a Factory Edition XP 4. Nobody in VT or NH are doing discounts so when time comes ill be taking a drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have already talked with I69 used to be Abernathy. They do 3 grand of MSRP of XP Generals. Just waiting to hear back to put my down payment on a Factory Edition XP 4. Nobody in VT or NH are doing discounts so when time comes ill be taking a drive.
You have a link or contact there? I'd be happy to wait & travel for that.

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 4 Deluxe
169 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I talked with Tom seems like nice guy.
Thanks! Looks like a hike (12+ hours, but could be a fun trip). I'll reach out to them.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Have some good friends that own a huge camper business and one that owns a "toy" store and all have said in all the years they have been in business they have never had a year like this year. Everything is being sold even the used ones.
Only thing both said is they wonder in a year or so how many they are going to have to go out and repossess from people not being able to make their payments.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looking for a 21 General 4 XP Deluxe. Flexible on colors, doesn't really matter.

Obviously they are sold out everywhere and spotty on ordering but looking for a decent dealer to work with. Anyone have any suggestions? Hoping I can just get in on the queue and pick up something that's already in the pipeline.

Try Hoffman's sport and turf in St. Marys PA, last time I was there he said he had 100 machines coming in from Polaris. He had a special edition camo XP 4 last time I was there but it's probably gone by now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try Hoffman's sport and turf in St. Marys PA, last time I was there he said he had 100 machines coming in from Polaris. He had a special edition camo XP 4 last time I was there but it's probably gone by now.
I'll call them tomorrow - any specific salesperson or contact you can recommend?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts