Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to know if others feel the same way...

Instructions are worthless. Haven't figured out if I can push buttons 1 or 2 to start a video.

But then seems like whatever I have set the video time at..1,3 or 10 minutes...turn the camera/mirror on...and it promptly starts taking video at the set interval over and over and over. Don't seem to be able to stop it without taking micro SD card out!

During a daylight ride...you actually can't see the display...its way too light. And don't seem to see a setting for "brightness".

If the mirror is set to take video with the forward looking camera, every video is ruined by a reflection of wife's left hand grip and her lap.

Last night, in an RV park, I took the pup for a walk...and noticed the mirror display was on. No buttons or combination of buttons would turn it off. So just threw a dark hand towel over it so it couldn't be seen and possibly stolen.

This morning I pulled each fuse, one at a time, no luck, camera is still on. So finally fished around under the stereo cover and found the plug and pulled it!! Camera off!

Can't find the OEM brochure of how its wired. I asked the dealer for all the accessory printed materials. And I thought I had them all...but not wiring for the camera.

Anyone else having the same issues I'm having?

Did purchase a set of the Seizmik Pursuit mirrors and used the "contact us" on the Seizmik home page about an extra set of the Pro-Fit frame clamps...so I can mount my GoPro cameras.

Pretty bummed after spending $359 for the mirror/camera

Pirate:mad:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Some of this Polaris stuff is over advertised without being properly tested for quality. I owned a business and we had trouble with a lot of the electric products and warranty are short if any.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
The mirror actually works pretty good if you take the time to learn it . I would go back to your dealer and get all the instructions , or have him show you how to use it . Jmho .

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frank,

I've got the instructions...they are pretty brief.

Have gone though the settings and set them as close to how I set my GoPro cameras.

But that doesn't address the reflection issue.

And I don't find anything in the instructions as to how to set the device for manually starting and stopping video recording. All settings has in it is 1, 3 or 10 minutes. Didn't find anything telling me that if I set it for 1 minute, which I did as a test...it would record a 1 minute video, one after another for as long as the device was powered up.

The instruction book has nothing on how to stop and start so as to get videos you choose.

The fact that it "froze" night before last...well computers and cell phones do the same thing from time to time, just took a few minutes to find the cord above the roof liner and unplug it.

I think I have the installation booklet...but dang it, not in my file box where it should be...so probably at home and I'll be there Monday.

But I was surprised that I pulled each fuse, one after another...and none powered down the camera. And yet with the key off, I can't power it up. Doesn't make sense. Do you have any info on where its wired....in the meantime?

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed mine. Mine is wired to the ACC power post on the firewall under the hood on an S900.

There is an option in the setup/settings menu for it to start recording as soon as you turn it on; you can find that and change it to off. It's called "Power On Record" and has a checkbox.

To get into the settings mode, recording has to be stopped. Button 3 (button closest to driver is 1) starts and stops recording. Once stopped, long press button 4 (3 seconds) to get into settings menu. While in settings, buttons 1 and 2 are up/down and button 3 is select. Long press 4 again to exit settings.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The thing I don't like about mine is the ability to A. See the screen during the day. B. Be able to use it as a mirror much of the time as I just get a ton of reflection from the poly rear window. Not as much the case with a regular mirror. I'm disappointed in the whole thing, as I had assumed it was more like the set-up in the Ride Command where you would have a reverse camera and an approach camera in the front grille. I will likely sell mine in the long run and do something different, but no time to think about it for now.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Denver,

But seems to me that you can set the recording for 1, 3 or 10 minutes...and as long as its turned on...that's what its going to do...until your memory card is full or you turn the whole thing off.

I was hoping it would be like my GoPro and I could select when I wanted to record.

I've also found that because the forward looking camera is behind the glass windshield...as I get is a reflection of Mama's lap.

You have the same experiences?

Pirate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts