Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through the internet for some back up (spare) axles and seeing lots of places advertising complete sets of 4 for under 300$ my concern is that some people on the forum have noted that axles are different in 2019 up models but yet the sites say the axles fit from 2016 up to 2021. can anyone verify ??

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,159 Posts
The axles changed for 19 MY when they upgraded the turf mode. I know because they replaced the rear axles on my 18 when they upgraded it to the 19 transmission. However, when I look up the part number, 16' 17' and 18' all use the part number 1333947, but the 18' 19' and 20 show the part number 1334076. I'm guessing that some 18 MY machines got the upgraded turf mode diff.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Doesn't the XP models have different axles than the other models?

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The axles changed for 19 MY when they upgraded the turf mode. I know because they replaced the rear axles on my 18 when they upgraded it to the 19 transmission. However, when I look up the part number, 16' 17' and 18' all use the part number 1333947, but the 18' 19' and 20 show the part number 1334076. I'm guessing that some 18 MY machines got the upgraded turf mode diff.
Just weird cause amazon ebay autoshack and all your cheap parts places say its the same axle from 16 up

·
Registered
2017 General 4
351 Posts
Stay away from the brand NICHE. I've had nothing but problems. I finally went with Rhino 2.0 axles on all 4 corners. Rhinos are also cheaper priced than OEM polaris axles.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stay away from the brand NICHE. I've had nothing but problems. I finally went with Rhino 2.0 axles on all 4 corners. Rhinos are also cheaper priced than OEM polaris axles.
Hmmm weird i had the cheap niche ones in my scrambler 1000 and they actually were pretty good. Broke 2 rhino front ones and only broke 1 niche axle but made it 2 times longer before it broke and it was my fault for being at full turn in deep mud and giving on the gass l.. my rhinos broke trying to drag race a renegade on a gravel road

·
Registered
2017 General 4
351 Posts
Hmmm weird i had the cheap niche ones in my scrambler 1000 and they actually were pretty good. Broke 2 rhino front ones and only broke 1 niche axle but made it 2 times longer before it broke and it was my fault for being at full turn in deep mud and giving on the gass l.. my rhinos broke trying to drag race a renegade on a gravel road
Yeah, I ran NICHE on my Polaris Ranger 900 XP and didn't have any issues. The Niche front axle set I purchased for my General didn't even last one riding trip. They both broke at the joint. Very disappointed....they must have lower their quality standards.

I forgot to mentioned that prior to the NICHE i was still running my original polaris axles which a front one finally broke. But that's 4 years and 1,800 miles of wear on the stock.

Attachments

·
Vendor
464 Posts
They changed up the location of the retaining clip on the newer 19+ rear axles because of the trans update. I'd bet an older would get you home, but it would probably pop out in anything rough because the clip won't be seated. The fronts are all the same.

The XP models are different. The XP front axles are the same as the RZR Turbo, but the rears are specific to the General XP model.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just ordered the SuperATV Rhino Brand Stock Length Axle for Polaris General / 4 (2019+) - REAR. Ebay was the cheapest place $209, more than I wanted to spend but I'd like to get it back on the trail. I'll clean up and replace the boot on the stock one, only 200 miles on it, for a spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts