Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at my general for a while trying to figure out how to get some good bass added to the mtx sound bar. I have been working with a close friend of mine to build a custom fit box in the center console spot. It is coming along nicely and i plan on posting pics of the progress and a report on sound quality/durability.

I plan on using a shallow mount 8" sub and this will allow me to have a sub in there without being wider than the console at any point.

If this box works well he is interested in building them for sale. I am curious if there would be any interest?

below is a rough idea of shape and dimension.
sorry it looks like the one pic loaded upside down.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’d definitely be interested in one. The only thing is that I’d be worried about I go in some deep water and it would get wet. Have you thought about that?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would be I interested. I saw MTX has a sub enclosure similar to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I run the MTX unit that goes in that spot. It was a very easy plug and play setup running off the aux output on the RC head and produces decent bass output.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys i did not get any notice on this thread. Yes the project did take off. I have it mounted in my general right now and it has gotten wet several times. I wash it like its plastic and have had no issues over the past six months.

As for the MTX sub enclosure it sticks out in the passenger compartment and this one sits pretty much flush in that space. I will get pics of it in the unit soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts