Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not seeing this right? Can you only get the said colors in the designated models? I want the deluxe, but in red. ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Polaris usually offers new graphics twice a year so I'm sure by The end of July there will be more Color options. I also expect them to offer a 4 seater and a cheaper version with the 900 engine within the next 2 years. That's purely speculative tho, I have no information to back that up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would another color option or 2 or 3. Green, Tan, Yellow, Orange, etc...

Im also not a fan of painted plastic, seen it peel many times from brush scratches. That makes me nervous as im I the brush all the time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would another color option or 2 or 3. Green, Tan, Yellow, Orange, etc...

Im also not a fan of painted plastic, seen it peel many times from brush scratches. That makes me nervous as im I the brush all the time.
And that's what I like about wrapping, cost effective and forgiving (to your pocket at least). If it gets damaged, you can always wrap it yourself or ask a buddy to help out. Just need to budget for beers and patience...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, if they offered green or camo I would have probably already purchased one. I think I might wait a little while and see if there are more options available. Orange and blue isn't what I'm looking for in a UTV that will be primarily used in the woods and on our property.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been to 3 dealers to chat and look them over, told them all the same thing - no painted plastic for me. Just plain old colored plastic is my pic. Green, Tan - whatever. I have had 2 Commanders, both yellow and tons of trail scratches over the years. Paint and wraps look bad after peeling and cost you to R&R.

I wrote to Polaris today and asked the question, see where it goes. But im thinking ill wait and see what they come out with.

And have some time for them to fix the plastic issues on the bed and dash area as well as ass some protection to the radiator.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I emailed Polaris Customer Service asking about the radiator issues, bed plastic issues and dash plastic issues and color options and this is what they sent back:

Thank you for contacting Polaris Industries Inc. and for your interest in our Generals. Currently, we do not share information on upcoming vehicles, I apologize for this inconvenience. However, customers ideas and suggestions are an important way of understanding their needs and expectations. I will note your idea/suggestion for a green, or tan color plastic option as customers feedback is an important part of improving our products. Also, I am glad to hear that you are doing research before purchasing the General. Researching is a wonderful way to help determine if the General is the vehicle you are wanting, needing, or expecting. Additionally, we listen to our riders and take their concerns very seriously, and we are aware of the radiator concern from current owners and forum posts on this topic. In this case, and with all potential issues, we work to identify, repeat and test possible issues, develop a solution if needed, and openly communicate with our dealers and customers. The testing and improvement for this concern is ongoing but an update is expected to be communicated soon. I apologize that resolving and updating concerns like the breaking radiators can take some time, our priority is making sure we find the correct solution. Please check back with Grand Valley Power Sports, they will be the best point of contact for new information as soon as it becomes available. Once we have released more information on this issue I hope we are able to earn your business, we would love to see you driving a General! If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us and refer to case number C-3566658. Thank you for contacting Polaris Customer Service. Have a great day!

Here at Polaris we are continuously working to improve our customer service experience, so you will be receiving a short email survey to rate my performance on how I assisted you during this email contact. Any feedback you can provide to help me understand how I did, and how I can do better, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
1,560 Posts
Alright! Congrats! Pics, Pics, Pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts