Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
29" bighorns. I ordered the compression tool and clutch puller. All together it was $563 plus shipping.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told that it would gain several things. Better low end and mid range acceleration. Smooth engagement. Better belt life. Kit will arrive tomorrow and hopefully i will have time to get it installed this week and i can let everyone know how it does.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kit came in today. If you contact DDP they will set up the weights for your machine. It also comes with extra weights for any future adjustments. Hope to get this installed this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
I put the same kit on mine and it's a noticeable improvement over stock. The best thing I have noticed is no more belt burning under heavy load. With bigger tires full cab and more weight it is really needed for the belt grip. I had a ddp kit on my last sxs (rzr xp 900 with full cab and oversize tires) and I would always smell burnt belt under heavy load and after the kit I never smelled it again.

·
Registered
710 Posts
You don't need the primary clutch puller to put the weights in it is very easy to do with the clutch on the machine. The secondary spring compressor is pretty easy to make to and you definitely need one of those to install the kit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I got it installed this evening. And all I can say is WOW! No more clank after you shift into gear and hit the gas. After you hit the gas it hauls! Much needed improvement. DDP knows his stuff. I'd recommend to anyone looking to improve their machine. Started raining this evening I'll get a video posted tomorrow or Saturday.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yea I noticed the same thing. It engages the clutches a lot smoother and as far as I can tell the belt hardly ever slips. I you tell dale some details about your machine he will nail the weight set up and you will probably never have to adjust it again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you feel it accelerates better? I have a buddy with a 2013 maverick with a roller secondary and he beats me especially when we hit mid range and I don't like it. I need to change mine to kick his a**

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes it accelerates better than stock. Just call dale and tell him your setup and he will set you up. It comes with a weight kit so you can change the weights in the clutch if you get larger tires or add more weight to your machine.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I will sell you this stage 1 upgraded computer from Hct. Has fan on temps set at 195f and off at 185f. Removes the speed limiter and raises rev limit to 9100rpms. You will definitely beat him with this. I had mine up to 84 mph with this installed. You just pop your old computer out and put this one in and if you want to go back to stock stick your old one back in. You have to run at least 91 octane with this computer that's why I want to sell it. 91 is hard to get where I live. It cost me $825 when I bought it but I will sell it for $625.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will sell you this stage 1 upgraded computer from Hct. Has fan on temps set at 195f and off at 185f. Removes the speed limiter and raises rev limit to 9100rpms. You will definitely beat him with this. I had mine up to 84 mph with this installed. You just pop your old computer out and put this one in and if you want to go back to stock stick your old one back in. You have to run at least 91 octane with this computer that's why I want to sell it. 91 is hard to get where I live. It cost me $825 when I bought it but I will sell it for $625.
Thanks I think on that. Top end isn't the issue. We are pretty close topped out. I might be a tick faster. It's the mid range where he pulls me

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks I think on that. Top end isn't the issue. We are pretty close topped out. I might be a tick faster. It's the mid range where he pulls me

What's the hp gain?

·
Registered
710 Posts
it says 10 peak engine hp gains have been realized but they advertise 6.5 hp. With this and dales clutch kit you will beat him to top end and then leave him in the dust.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts