Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing my Chupacabra (mystical monster of the South West) door bags. First off they’re not for a General, they’re for RZR’s and they take a little modification. The bags for the back doors fit pretty good, you just have reverse what was the right rear to be the left rear and vise versa The front bags must be switched too and you have cut the foam knee pad off. Don’t worry, where you end up installing the front bags at, after you’ve stuffed goggle cleaning rags and other soft stuff the bags acts as your knee pad. Attaching them to the door using 5/16” push pins works great along with supplied Velcro strips.
Here’s what you need
5/16” push pins
5/16” metal grommets
5/16” grommet punch set
Razor knife
Block of wood to secure push pins in
Total time to get install four bags-2-1/2 hours
I’ve already stuffed ponchos in each door bag and cleaning stuff and got room for more.
Cheers
Baja Charlie

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like what you did, my bags came in today and I'm going to install them exactly how you did. Thanks for the great idea.
PS you always have to be on the look out for them Chupacabra's, they are a mean and nasty critter..... we have them around here also.....

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They’re nice bags but you got to adapt them to fit. Good luck and I’ll stay vigilant for a Chupacabra incursion.
We thought we saw one the other day but it turned out to be a coyote with a bad hairdo. He did seem to be perturbed when I put a pellet in his rear end.

Cheers
Baja Charlie

PS it’s raining dogs and cats down here so the Mikes Sky Ranch trip is canceled, if we get a break in the weather we’ll head down to San Quentin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Charlie, did you install the bags on the front and rear doors ? The install you have looks good. I would like to install them on all 4 doors. Do you have a link to the bags you purchased ? Thanks Kevin P.S. the TRX still works good.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All four doors, it took a while to try to figure which went where. I found them on the internet under Chupacabra door bags for Polaris RZRs. Remember they are not for the General but with a little creative modification they work. I ordered front and back door bags. You do have to cut off the knee pads on the front bags, but if you stuff soft stuff in the bags where you can mount them they make a pretty good knee pad. Again play around with them to figure out where you want them. I ordered an assorted push pin in a plastic bin from Amazon and used the push pin that worked best.
The TRX was awesome when I went Utah, but for some reason Magellan didn’t offer any Baja base maps and they are not the only ones.
I’m using LeadNav now and it’s good but you have to use it on iPads and the screen is hard to see sometimes.
Cheers
Baja Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts