Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Got ya beat...

Spiced chicken tenderloins with peppers and fried potatoes on the Blackstone.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Applewood smoked tri-tip on Blaze Kamado

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm gonna have to learn how to use a one of those. We had a UTV Charity poker run at a local town a couple of weeks ago and they had a band/auction/party afterwords. We stayed at the hotel, so long story short... Drunk Tim bought Sober Tim a Louisiana Grills 24" Kamado at the auction. Nice unit, got it for about half price. Don't have a clue what I'm going to do with it...

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
You’ll learn to love it! The main difference between my Blaze and other Kamado’s is most are ceramic, while mine is made out of 1” thick some fancy grade of Aluminum. In a ceramic kamado, your not supposed to use lighter fluid, or most brands of briquettes, since the ceramic will absorb any petroleum chemicals into the ceramics and give the food a tainted flavor. Although the Kingsford Champions briquettes I buy at Costco advertises that you can use their briquettes in a ceramic grill.

If I smoke salmon, beef and chicken in mine. I do rotisserie ham, chicken, turkey and roasts in it, as well as grill all types of meat. With briquettes I can run the temperature as low as 200 degrees and crank her all the way up to 750-800 degrees. Without having the smell or taste of smoked fish infused on the next meat I bbq. Takes a while to learn the vent and dampener settings, but you’ll get it soon.

The cost of the Blaze is horrible, at about $1800, but guaranteed for life, and made for extreme environments and harsh cooking conditions. Also the lid to body connection is an extremely deep tongue-in-groove set up, with now felt gasket to replace. Please watch the videos below. The guys that make and sell this thing are good ol boys, and their testing methods are absolutely hilarious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts