Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a new general. I decided to get familiar with it. I started with checking fluid levels. Bc I'm sure the dealer wouldn't have missed anything...right?? The front diff was low next I checked the rear. How the heck can I get that plug out, the receiver is welded right in front of the plug...any ideas. All :surprise:

·
Registered
408 Posts
It was not easy. I loosened it with the Torx driver and grabbed it with some needle nose pliers. I am considering cutting out that piece above the receiver to make it easier. This part was not well thought out.

Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
408 Posts
That sounds good. Look like the oil filter change will be challenging as well. Also, I wish the oil dipstick was easier to access.

Reactions: Roadrunner

·
Registered
492 Posts
That sounds good. Look like the oil filter change will be challenging as well. Also, I wish the oil dipstick was easier to access.
Oil filter isn't all that difficult. I have found the best to access it is to remove the CVT discharge tube and you easily access it from there. If you don't have a filter wrench take a new filter with you to your local auto parts and pick the proper fitting removal cap.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oil filter isn't all that difficult. I have found the best to access it is to remove the CVT discharge tube and you easily access it from there. If you don't have a filter wrench take a new filter with you to your local auto parts and pick the proper fitting removal cap.

This is what I use and it makes it very easy after removing the CVT Tube as Roadrunner stated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts