Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me what the check engine code 520209 with a 5 above and a 1 beneath means ? On a 2018 eps dlx ABS.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Willing to bet it has something to do with the ABS, can’t find the “520209” in the US service manual because our models don’t have ABS.

If it’s any help, the 5 in the top line means you have an open/grounded driver circuit somewhere. The 1 means you have 2 fault codes total.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the mechanic at the dealer the code refers to the oxygen sensor.. The sensor is placed on the exhaust. They recomended to replace the sensor..

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,225 Posts
Someone help me out...where are you finding a list of the error codes for a General? I'm using Google to find the lists for other Polaris machines...but I'll be danged if I can find a list for the General.

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
139 Posts
Someone help me out...where are you finding a list of the error codes for a General? I'm using Google to find the lists for other Polaris machines...but I'll be danged if I can find a list for the General.

Thanks,

Pirate
Pages 11.15-11.19 in the shop manual.

The thing is i just looked at my digital copy and 520209 isn't in it. New code for 2018?

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Matt,

Thanks found those pages. But my "old" 2016 service manual doesn't have the same page 11.19 with the cylinder misfire detection write up.

I'll send a PM with my e-mail if you could send it to be I'd really appreciate it. In fact all four pages would be nice. Fold them up and stash them somewhere handy in the General...just in case.

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
139 Posts
I sent the email, FYI I got the digital copy of the shop manual from this forum. Don't know the thread but I'll take a look for it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i had this issue and i bought the o2 sensor delete from bikeman performance, took care of it. it was explained that there is a heating element in the 02 sensor that goes bad and gives that code..

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
That's excellent. Any signs on why the O2 sensor quit?

Thanks,

Pirate

·
Registered
85 Posts
If anyone is still monitoring this thread please help. Shop wanted $132 for sensor plus labor @ $110 per hour, plus a 160 mile round trip to get it back to shop after part come in. Bought the sensor off Amazon for $105. But the YouTube video describes using the slotted OEM sockets to remove. The socket descriptions look like 22 mm. The wrench that fits best for me is 14mm or 9/16 (loose). Thought I had better order the sockets not to screw up the piece.
Anybody that has already been down this path and could offer specifics or suggestions, appreciated. Thanks
Guydl

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
If a 14mm fits, and you don't have one....go buy a metric end wrench set...you'll need them to work on any Polaris UTV.

Can you post a link to the YouTube video...I don't seem to be able to find it.

Thanks
Pirate

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Wondering can't one get the correct 02 sensor at Napa or one of the other parts houses? Wondering what the part number is and if one can cross reference it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts