Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody come up with a easy way to turn the open area between driver and passenger knees into storage. My first thought is to install some sheet metal on both sides say half way up and create a useful storage shelf. I'm not a fabricator maybe someone has some better idea?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not exactly a "fabricated storage" idea but I found that the Automotive Emergency Kit I bought at Costco years ago stuffs in there quite well. Anything that puts cargo weight low and in the center of the machine is good news. It contains a compressor, jumper cables, spare gloves, multitool, tape, zip ties etc etc etc.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Not exactly a "fabricated storage" idea but I found that the Automotive Emergency Kit I bought at Costco years ago stuffs in there quite well. Anything that puts cargo weight low and in the center of the machine is good news. It contains a compressor, jumper cables, spare gloves, multitool, tape, zip ties etc etc etc.
Pic's?

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I plan on mounting a bungee type net roughly half way up on both sides of the opening. I thought about doing it out of black plastic, but I think the netting will be more useful since it will give a little to fit odd shaped objects.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have crossed some streams/rivers and had nearly a foot of water inside. Still safe, but not what I like to do. Just be cautious that if you store stuff down low, it could get wet.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Pic's?

Sent via Tapatalk

Sorry, nothing to see as it's a black semi-hardcase container stuffed in a hole in a black interior. In other words...the pics don't show anything. LOL.

It is similar to this Ultimate Roadside Auto Emergency Kit with tools by Justin Case but I took all the crap out and put in stuff more in line with the needs of an off-road toy. It's now bouncing around in the third machine since I bought it years ago. Thankfully only the compressor and jumper cables have been needed. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts