Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you were making your own cargo rack/box what are the top 3 things that are most important to you?
Examples:
-Tie-down points
-Weather tight
-Material
-Size
-Etc.

What are the top 3 things you would want to be able to mount to it?
Examples:
-Cooler
-Tool box
-Spare
-Chainsaw
-Etc.

·
Registered
223 Posts
  • If you were making your own cargo rack/box what are the top 3 things that are most important to you?
    Examples:
    -Tie-down points - YES
    -Weather tight
    -Material - YES
    -Size - YES, same as the bed and not higher than the roof.
    -Etc.

What are the top 3 things would you want to be able to mount to it?
    Examples:
    -Cooler - YES
    -Tool box - YES
    -Spare - YES
    -Chainsaw
    -Etc.
  • Needs to be multi functional, strong but light weight. See RYFAB for ideas

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-Size - YES, same as the bed and not higher than the roof.

So you're thinking of something similar to a contractor's rack on a pickup here as opposed to just a cross-bed rack/box?

·
PolarisGeneralForum.com Vendor
227 Posts
Seizmik will be offering a hood rack and a rear cargo rack for the general, both should be available towards the end of July. The rear rack will be easily removed and the sides can serve as bed height extenders. If I can figure out how to upload pics to this forum I will get some pics up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Seizmik will be offering a hood rack and a rear cargo rack for the general, both should be available towards the end of July. The rear rack will be easily removed and the sides can serve as bed height extenders. If I can figure out how to upload pics to this forum I will get some pics up.
Pics please when you can!!! I really want a hood rack. Possibly a bed rack depending on what it is.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
223 Posts
Maybe for some, not for me though.

Something like Ryfab is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think easy access to your stuff, especially the cooler and food is key. Not like the Polaris Cargo Box I have. Those small doors are useless. I have to open the whole thing to get to the anything.

Reactions: Trapper and 2722

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I'm thinking I don't want a rear rack, as it will just about eliminate being able to see out the rear windshield. But have to wait an see what's coming.

I bought the new General Lock-N-Ride box...simply huge compared to the RZR Lock-N-Ride box. Purchased four 9L plastic storage boxes. Three fit just across the bottom with a few inches to spare. Then room for a second row on top, but that would be just about it.

So thinking four, then sorting through all the stuff I carried in the RZR 800 and paring down to the four plastic boxes and Lock-N-Ride box.

Hoping that's all the storage I need....ummm...yeah, right!

Pirate

·
PolarisGeneralForum.com Vendor
227 Posts
More Pics

Guys here are some of the accessories that seizmik will have for the general.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
A box that is secure, lockable and can't be removed from the vehicle as in the case of the lock and ride system. And weather resistant would be nice too.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts