Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone buy the Polaris Lock & Ride Cargo box. The big one that is $299? My Ranger cargo boxes won't fit since the General has a a non-square bed.

·
1,560 Posts
Sorry. Should have read it better. Cargo box not extender.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Quad Boss dual cargo boxes from the Ranger. One mounted on each side at the cab end of the bed. Each Quad Boss cargo box had "pins" on 2 sides that just dropped into the lock and ride holes around the top of the bed. The problem is that the Ranger bed was square, and the General bed is not square so the holes don't align with the pins on the cargo box.

I like the looks of the large cargo box for the General (part # 2881527). Not sure if I will have space to standup a spare tire in the bed once I drop in the new cargo box.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I don't have my General yet, but all the accessories I ordered have arrived and are stashed.

But the Parts Manager tells me it takes two of the General Lock N Ride boxes to go across the bed. Apparently you access each from the side.

Not sure what that means yet...but can't believe its not 1 box.

Pirate

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks like it is one large box in the brochure

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think there is about 6 inches from the box to the bed.( I did not have a tape measure with me) and the box has three leads the two half leads open and a full lead that opens. And there are yes dividers it was just all open. I would have liked to see dividers in it. Or maybe even one Side being an ice chest.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not enough room between the cargobox and the tailgate to stand up a spare front tire is there?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes limekistgreen71 that is what I meant, sorry. You might get the front tire in. But I don't think you could get the back tires in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes limekistgreen71 that is what I meant, sorry. You might get the front tire in. But I don't think you could get the back tires in.
Wouldn't it be smart to only carry a spare front? Just for the fact it weighs less. You could put it on either the front or back when needed.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I only carry a front spare. RZRs have a nice spare tire carrier that goes on the back, but it will be hard to do this on a General because of the tailgate. I'm sure someone will come up with some sort of holder, but for now, I'm probably going to put in the bed, but also want to get the big cargo box.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wouldn't it be smart to only carry a spare front? Just for the fact it weighs less. You could put it on either the front or back when needed.
This is true

1 - 20 of 103 Posts