Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cannot find any four seat generals in inventory anywhere near me馃槵
my zip is 83001, nw Wyoming, Eastern Idaho, N Utah. Have they just stopped making them? Appreciate any insit anyone can offer!

thx, Bob

Registered
I was told by a dealer in southern Utah that polaris had to stop production because of the Corona and that they haven't been able to get any machines. They were about sold out and that was 3 weeks ago. He said they weren't expecting to get much inventory this summer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Registered
My source at the dealer said similar. Looking like 30-60 days for production to catch up and get units to the dealers. Having said that, fellow ATV Club members just bought a new 4 seater this past week from a small-town dealer in eastern WA so there are some out there.

Registered
I guess you could look at the bright side lack of new machines will push up the price on used so if you are looking to upgrade now might be the time to throw a for sale sign on that gently used rig;)

Registered
Agreed. Unfortunately we sold our 2 seater 2 days before I got that info from the dealer. No wonder the first guy to show up took it without haggling on price. :unsure:

Registered
I cannot find any for seat generals in inventory anywhere near me馃槵
my zip is 83001, nw Wyoming, Eastern Idaho, N Utah. Have they just stopped making them? Appreciate any insit anyone can offer!

thx, Bob
Montana Power Products shows to have a couple in stock and a couple "on the way".

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Montana Power Products shows to have a couple in stock and a couple "on the way".
I have checked over a dozen Polaris dealer鈥檚 website inventories and they all say that they have these things but when you call them up they just laugh!

Registered
Maybe Force will let us know what the inventory is at Hamilton, MT.

Registered
I cannot find any four seat generals in inventory anywhere near me馃槵

thx, Bob
Because of Corona 19, the factory in Minnesota closed. They have since began manufacturing, but are still way behind. I just purchased a General 4 two weeks ago, it was the last one in stock. The dealer did receive 3 XP's, but they have sold also. I called Karl Malone in Provo, they had 2 or 3 4's, you might check with them. There is a Karl Malone in Heber City, they might have some.
Good luck! By the way, love my G-4! Sold my G-2 to my neighbor.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your help on this!!! It figures

I finally got the deck cleared to get one and the virus strikes again! I鈥檒l have to wait for the 2021. Evidently these generals are really nice rigs and I can鈥檛 wait to get one!
Thanks again you guys!

Registered
I ordered a g4 xp in March and still waiting. It was suppose to be at my dealer end of May but the "Rona" intercepted and im still waiting.
My dealer had also shopped around for me looking in every state around to try and find me one. All sold out almost instantly. About a week ago he texted me that he got word my machine would be there in 2-3 weeks. I hope it does, im in montana now for work and ill be home for the 4th of July so im hoping its there for me to bring back to Montana.

Registered
If you're not ready to give up and are willing to travel, Abernathy's in TN has 4 or so of them. They are generally the lowest price in the country to boot. Many travel from all over the place to save there.

Registered
Heard from a person that Abernathy's has had some suppliers pull out of supplying them with their machines. Something about a text or something he wrote and people are ticked off. Man nowadays so many with thin skins and take everything to heart. Used to be you were entitled to your opinion nowadays if it "offends" someone you are basically hung out to dry!
Sad times we now live in and only going to get worse.

Registered
Vote both at the polls and with your wallet Johnny...

PS: I just requested a quote from them on an XP. Can't cost me much more than new wheels and tires on the current machine right? LOL...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts