Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I was fishing around on Ebay to order some push pins and figured I see what's out there for Cab Heaters just for the heck of it....

Besides the usual Polaris, SuperATV, and Inferno....Anyone running a lower end price heater, but having great success with it...

I came across this

Figured I would throw the question out.

Share your experiences if you are running something that not of the Norm.

Thanks All!

· Registered
2020XP4
2,486 Posts
It doesn't look like that comes with any plumbing or air ducting. So you're gonna have to piece meal it together. If you have the time and patience to do that, you may come out ahead on money. However, the flip side to that coin is, no customer support, no warranty, no guarantee it's going to put out enough heat. I saw places like Summit racing sell heater cores like that, but the convenience of having everything in one kit out weighs the cost savings.

Polaris uses a thermostat housing in line of the radiator to divert coolant through the core.

Inferno comes off of the oil cooler line and has a proprietary tee/valve that allows you to direct the coolant through the core, or bypass the core in warm weather.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't look like that comes with any plumbing or air ducting. So you're gonna have to piece meal it together. If you have the time and patience to do that, you may come out ahead on money. However, the flip side to that coin is, no customer support, no warranty, no guarantee it's going to put out enough heat. I saw places like Summit racing sell heater cores like that, but the convenience of having everything in one kit out weighs the cost savings.

Polaris uses a thermostat housing in line of the radiator to divert coach through the core.

Inferno comes off of the oil cooler line and has a proprietary tee/valve that allows you to direct the coolant through the core, or bypass the core in warm weather.
No, I get what your saying....If I am going to do it then it will most likely be the Inferno Heater as it seems from folks that have it, it pumps out heat better.

I am a crazy nut. I'm the guy that has no windshields riding in 20-30 degree weather, letting the wind hit his face until numbness kicks in haha...I lost that battle once the wife and kids began riding with me in the new machine here, and the wife began yelling "Your Nuts!"....That night glass windshields front and back ordered with wiper....Actually just arrived per my camera system...SCHAWEET

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,316 Posts
I believe @NOLID81 is running an ice crusher and is happy with it. Similar to a polaris control with multiple fan speeds, but plumbed like an inferno. I think that's how it works anyways. Nolid81 is in Canada, so I'm sure it's cold there lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000
361 Posts
Regardless what heater you end up buying.
You need upper doors and seal cab. This is from my experience.
a cheap amazon heater may work I have no clue tbh. But definitely wont keep cab warm with out sealing it.
Now lets talk Heaters..
1. Polaris Heater. vary good heater decent sized heater core, inline thermostat variable speeds and heat, $1244.79highest price
2. Inferno Heater. Heats faster then Polaris/Icecrusher, have to bypass oil cooler, on or off only $$good pricing $450

3. Ice crusher. vary good heater decent heater core size, variable speeds and heat,inline thermostat. fair price $649.00 with thermostat

· Registered
2017 Polaris General Deluxe RC
359 Posts
I run the Ice Crusher here on the frigid shores of Lake Superior. It's sufficient but the way people go on about the Polaris system makes me curious.
My cab, including my roof is sealed as well as it could be and the roof is insulated. It makes a big difference.

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,316 Posts
but the way people go on about the Polaris system makes me curious..
I have the polaris system. As long as I keep coolant temps above 180*, it'll roast me out of the cab easily even in negative air temps. Of course, your grill cover helps a lot with maintaining coolant temps...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2022 General XP 4 Trailhead Edition
256 Posts
Had a tractor with a cheap ebay heater like that. It would make some heat but didn't seem to get very hot or blow the air very well. Not what you wanted to hear but I had an inferno in my 21 General it worked great, got hot fast, blew air really well. Like someone said above its only on off but wasn't an issue. I have a Polaris heater in my 22 takes a bit longer to warm up being were its tied in but like others say wow it gets hot, its noticeably hotter than the inferno. I never needed a thermostat on my Inferno I'm glad the Polaris has one. The price hurts though.

· Registered
361 Posts
I run the Ice Crusher here on the frigid shores of Lake Superior. It's sufficient but the way people go on about the Polaris system makes me curious.
My cab, including my roof is sealed as well as it could be and the roof is insulated. It makes a big difference.
I personally have not done it to my Unit yet, but have done it to others. makes a huge difference. I also recommend sealing all gaps, EG: roll cage and body pannels, any cracks and holes. biggest one would be the roof. you can buy a liner, or put foam in the gap. you will get most of the cold air from front roof. make sure window is sealed as well. I live here in Manitoba it gets to -45 at times obviously we not riding in -45 but -30 some people do. with a sealed cab you can get your cab warm.

· Registered
421 Posts
Ice crusher here for the last 6 years with a fully enclosed cab. I did have to replace the motor when the squirrel cage on the old motor decided to detach itself from the shaft. For the price when I bought it, it has worked fine. I believe it was around $450.00 back then. The Polaris heater is probably the best option but then as in all Polaris accessories, they are way too proud for my taste. I do have 2 mini fans mounted on the dash that help circulate the air in both hot and cold weather.

· Registered
2016 Polaris General 1000
67 Posts
we get down to -45 ride in winter -30
39 is a warm day 39F = 4C ill take that all day!!
-16 right now here to us that's warm for a winter day.
I really doubt that a heavy jacket would work in those temps. I have lived in the Mid-west and seen a couple of their winters. I doubt that my General would be out in that kind of cold with out proper preparations. I know that I wouldn't. :eek:

· Registered
361 Posts
I really doubt that a heavy jacket would work in those temps. I have lived in the Mid-west and seen a couple of their winters. I doubt that my General would be out in that kind of cold with out proper preparations. I know that I wouldn't. :eek:
winter river rides are fun though!! ride ice for miles between towns.
cab has to be sealed, rad covered, and good heater, and of coarse tunes lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts