Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 General XP 4 Deluxe RC
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to take delivery of my '22 Ghost White General XP 4 Deluxe RC here in the next three weeks or so. I will definitely purchase an extended warranty and am grateful to see so many noting the price they paid for warranties here and on other forums/pages.

Question: Should I bring up the issue of buying the extended warranty now with my dealer or wait until I'm signing the final papers/paying/take delivery? Is there an advantage to having that discussion before the big day, or is it best to negotiate when I'm getting ready to write the check/wire the money?

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
188 Posts
I don't think there is an advantage. Keep it simple, I'm willing to pay X for peace of mind. Any more and I just can't justify the price given the stories I've heard about not paying claims.

·
Registered
2022 General XP 4 Deluxe RC
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there is an advantage. Keep it simple, I'm willing to pay X for peace of mind. Any more and I just can't justify the price given the stories I've heard about not paying claims.
Excellent strategy/languaging!

·
Registered
2022 XP4 TE
188 Posts
Extended warranties are basically pure profit for the dealership. They get money up front with no expense incurred and get paid on the back end to do the warranty work. While I don't buy them myself, I understand the value they can bring in rare situations.
It is also true that most people overpay quite a bit. Pick a low number and act like you don't care if they accept or not. There's a lot of play in the joints.
The reimbursement rate for warranty work is less than customer pay so if it's a backed up servicd dept, like so many are, and you like your stuff back in a hurry, may not be worth it. Call the service advisor and ask how long for for something like a new top end or radiator. Then double that time as it will be low pay warranty work.

·
Registered
20 G2 XP RC
943 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Extended warranty is only a good buy if your machine breaks down and the break down is covered under warranty. Polaris can get picky at times but other warranties can do the same also.
Polaris can be hard to deal with and then the next time it isn't even a discussion and they will pay. Think a lot of it is how the dealer presents it as everything has to be documented thoroughly.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Forgot to say shop around with dealers to see what they will sell the extended warranty for. You don't have to buy it from the dealer you bought your machine. Some discount it $300 to $500., which is quite a savings!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts