Polaris General Forum banner

Base, Premium or Deluxe?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
After configuration, mine would come up to $21,998 MSRP for the Deluxe. Could most likely go aftermarket for the extra parts and accessories but that could take some time after the initial release of the General.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After configuration, mine would come up to $21,998 MSRP for the Deluxe. Could most likely go aftermarket for the extra parts and accessories but that could take some time after the initial release of the General.
Aftermarket parts and accessories are what i'll be on the look out for, going to keep an eye on the usual brands in the market.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I really like the velocity blue but wonder how much of a ride and handling difference there would be compared to the deluxe with the Fox shock set up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's the Fox Shock Description:
Deluxe takes suspension to the next level, and comes stock with Fox Podium X 2.0 QS3 shocks. These shocks are adjustable for simple and repeatable suspension setting changes on the fly. Its wide range of compression adjustment provides noticeable changes of ride quality and handling with three straightforward settings. Choose a QS3 setting that gives you the most confidence, comfort, or handling characteristics with just a “flip of a switch."
Here's the general suspension for the velocity blue:
You get it ALL with The Polaris GENERAL. With sway bars front and rear, it stays planted and composed on the trail. The tuned suspension geometry featuring dual rate springs maintains 62% of its ground clearance when fully loaded down -- 1.3 inches higher than Commander.
I think the difference will mostly be felt on performance trails and how smooth the ride is when set to the smooth ride option.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was looking at the spec pages for the different trims and noticed the Deluxe model is 53 pounds heavier. What is that from?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully ride quality is smooth enough, would hate for it to still be in need of improvement rather than good from the start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fox has been the industry leader in high performance suspensions. Not sure about the 2.0 Podium X Shocks but the 2.5 has pretty good reviews.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to get the orage Deluxe unit for the better shocks but have absolutely no use for the GENERAL® MTX® Premium Soundbar. I wonder how many sales Polaris will lose with this manditory option on the Deluxe?
For the $2900 difference in price, I could make it Orange and mount a good set of shocks and have some money left over!

·
Registered
33 Posts
To each their own. Some prefer the shocks already installed and the deluxe comes with a roof while the other two models do not. I think the shocks themselves are around $1.5-1.6k per set of 4 shocks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My Build/Order Sheet

As mentioned in the introduction forum, I ordered my Deluxe today. I ordered the following accessories:

1. Aluminum roof (trading in the stock poly roof)
2. Glacier Pro Plow system (less winch)
3. Sport rear bumper
4. Extreme rock sliders
5. Trailering cover

On top of the Polaris accessories, I have also purchased the following items:

1. 32" 180W Curved spot/flood light bar
2. 4500lb Warn winch
3. KFI Products winch mount receiver
4. Heated seat inserts (driver and passenger)
5. 4" Square LED reverse lights

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts