Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo.... after getting my Boss V-plow installed, I found that the factory front springs on my Deluxe General (White Lightning) allowed too much front end sag with the plow up. Ok, it's a heavy plow and my springs were on the lightest preload setting. So I adjusted the preload to the highest setting and went on plowing. Still didn't seem like enough, so I ordered a set of Bandit shocks with heavy springs, which I received today. Yay!

Well, I just went out to take a look at the machine in the daylight to get an idea of how long/difficult of a project it's going to be to swap shocks. And, I discovered that the preload adjusting ring on the left front shock is actually broken. Not that it really matters all that much since I'm replacing them in the next few days, but... has anybody ever seen anything like this? I can't imagine how it could have happened.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Eek, I wonder if that would be covered under warranty. I would hope so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm out of warranty. So that's probably not going to be an option.

·
Registered
439 Posts
looks like just the right positioning of the spring end to put a little extra stress on the skinny point of the adjuster. Probably uncommon to actually break the adjuster though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of all the toys I've had, and all the forums I've been on, I don't remember ever seeing a broken preload adjuster ring. I'm thinking it has to be a casting defect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine also broke on my 2019 general ( right rear) so I doubt it's a casting issue.
Did you ever fix yours ? I got the new part but now I'm trying to figure out how to get the shock apart, anyone ever take a shock like this apart ?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Remove the shock from machine, compress the spring (you can rent the correct tools at auto parts store or buy your own) when spring is compressed remove the top retaining plate remove spring change out broken adjuster then reverse the process.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine also broke on my 2019 general ( right rear) so I doubt it's a casting issue.
Did you ever fix yours ? I got the new part but now I'm trying to figure out how to get the shock apart, anyone ever take a shock like this apart ?
Yes ive had mine apart you need a spring compressor to compress the spring then the keeper plates at the top slide out and the spring slides right off.. very simple job if you have a spring compressor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts