Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride, first day I had the outer front CV joint spin out. Not sure if this was a defect or pilot error but the dealer covered it under warranty.
I asked them to look at the sticking door latch too with no help there... As I rode the first weekend the door became progressively harder to open. Pretty soon I was putting my shoulder into it to get out. Came home and washed the mud off and suddenly the door work freely. I would say this is a fluke but the one I looked at on the showroom floor had the same issue and the salesman explained it was a known issue with polaris and were shipping parts to the dealer to retro fit the ones in stock. Mine supposedly had the retro fit, but who knows.

All in all, very impressed with the capability of this machine. After the broken CV joint I rode for 2 more days at Indian Ridge.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I find the door doesn't open when I am inside, but works great when I am outside, using either then inside or outside door release. I think the frame sags enough when you sit inside that it changes the operation of the door. Do others find the same?

·
Registered
87 Posts
read about the sticky door problems prior to buying mine. The guy that assembled it drives it from back to front and I hear him tell the salesman "door latch is flaky" I had trouble getting it to realease from inside. Instead of waiting another 2 hours for the tech to play with it I decide to take it home and deal with it myself. I put door EZ (stick wax like lubricate) on the latch on both sides. It cured the sticky problem and have had no further complaints. I did notice the hing pin (basically a bolt) when assembled was left with no nuts. These guys must have been in a hurry at dealer prep. Glad they didn't put the rest of the machine together.

·
Registered
65 Posts
First ride, first day I had the outer front CV joint spin out. Not sure if this was a defect or pilot error but the dealer covered it under warranty.
I asked them to look at the sticking door latch too with no help there... As I rode the first weekend the door became progressively harder to open. Pretty soon I was putting my shoulder into it to get out. Came home and washed the mud off and suddenly the door work freely. I would say this is a fluke but the one I looked at on the showroom floor had the same issue and the salesman explained it was a known issue with polaris and were shipping parts to the dealer to retro fit the ones in stock. Mine supposedly had the retro fit, but who knows.

All in all, very impressed with the capability of this machine. After the broken CV joint I rode for 2 more days at Indian Ridge.
i had a outer front cv joint spin out no me with 550 mile on it love my

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have had the opposite problem on mine. Can't seam to get the door to stay latched. It pops open while riding. I have made a couple of adjustments to the striker but will have to go into the door to try and find the problem.

·
Registered
104 Posts
read about the sticky door problems prior to buying mine. The guy that assembled it drives it from back to front and I hear him tell the salesman "door latch is flaky" I had trouble getting it to realease from inside. Instead of waiting another 2 hours for the tech to play with it I decide to take it home and deal with it myself. I put door EZ (stick wax like lubricate) on the latch on both sides. It cured the sticky problem and have had no further complaints. I did notice the hing pin (basically a bolt) when assembled was left with no nuts. These guys must have been in a hurry at dealer prep. Glad they didn't put the rest of the machine together.

The hinge pins don't have nuts, there c clips

1 - 10 of 10 Posts