Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 General Hunter Edition that I have put Super Atv high lift control arms and 30" tires on. Every since I am bottoming out my front fenders on the tires. Would the Fox QS3 2.0 shocks stop this? I also have clutch questions.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
If by bottoming out you mean the front tires are rubbing the fender wells in hard turns. That's normal when going with larger, and especially wider tires. Unfortunately, you should have gone with the SuperATV high, lift and forward A-arms. They move the front tires 1.5" forward and that prevents rubbing.

Most owners, the rubbing only occurs during hard turns. Is this what you have? If so, it's a minimal problem and you can live with it. Isn't going to turn anything. Just a bit of noise in turns.

Be sure you cut the SuperATV "steering stops" back. I trimmed mine back until they didn't touch the A-arm in a full turn. Doesn't seem to hurt anything.

What clutch questions do you have?

Pirate

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree with pirate. I put 30inch rockabilly tires on my general and they rubbed slightly in a hard turn. Decided to put 2" spacers on the wheels to help solve the slight rub. Made the slight rub turn into a really bad rub!! Ended up putting the super ATV 1 1/2 front A arms and that solved my problem. Well.... it created another now with the spacers I'm throwing mud everywhere.

Now looking at a Grizzly extended fenders and the kit to go under the general. D_mn thing is going to weigh a ton if I keep putting stuff on it.
BTW Dealer said clutch is fine with the 30's unless you are driving your general with the pedal to the metal taking off all the time.

Should have stayed with the slight rub. The rig has an awesome stance now though, and will look even better with the grizzly fenders..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pirate the arms that I have are the ones that are forward 1 1/2". I don't have any rubbing in turning, just bottoming the top of the tire out on the bottom of the fenders on big bumps. As far as the clutch, I am wondering which clutch is best for 30" tires. (Mostly trail riding)
I agree with pirate. I put 30inch rockabilly tires on my general and they rubbed slightly in a hard turn. Decided to put 2" spacers on the wheels to help solve the slight rub. Made the slight rub turn into a really bad rub!! Ended up putting the super ATV 1 1/2 front A arms and that solved my problem. Well.... it created another now with the spacers I'm throwing mud everywhere.

Now looking at a Grizzly extended fenders and the kit to go under the general. D_mn thing is going to weigh a ton if I keep putting stuff on it.
BTW Dealer said clutch is fine with the 30's unless you are driving your general with the pedal to the metal taking off all the time.

Should have stayed with the slight rub. The rig has an awesome stance now though, and will look even better with the grizzly fenders..
Plunker i have the 1 1/2" forward control arms. The rub is the top of the tire hitting the fenders.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I ran 30" and the Super ATV lift for 2 years and never bottomed out like that. I didnt have the the rub issue at turning until I took the lift kit off and went to Shock Therapy. I imagine your shocks have leaked down or the springs need adjustment. Look around the caps on the reservoir if you have fox or walker, my fox rears leaked around there. I didnt notice until I was looking at them and considering going to shock therapy, since they were leaking anyways it made a quick decision for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill my machine didn't come with upgraded shocks. I just have the standard non reservoir shocks. I adjusted the springs down a bit. I just don't want to spend $2000 on shocks for them not to fix the problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
what setting is your shocks on? I think mine are on the lowest setting.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Spend $3000 and buy Shock Therapy Fox Shocks with Dual rate springs that they set up for your typical weight that you carry on your rides. Take the lift off, sell it and go back to stock arms.

I run 32’s with stock arms and they don’t bottom out. Take a heat gun and scissor jack and adjust you inner wells

Cheers Baja Charlie
D5B91FF5-CD9D-4545-953D-0123B23BB234.jpeg

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Oem1,
Ah, you didn't say you had the forward A-arms, just the high clearance, which is what I have.

The SuperATV 3" lift kit is a fix for less money. But a set of STST shocks will give you about 2" of lift and a greatly improved ride.

Just my thoughts.

Pirate

·
Registered
168 Posts
Plunker, you probably aren't that far away from a ton already! I weighed mine, and with front and rear glass, minor upgrades here and there, and a full tank of fuel. We are just under 2,000 lbs with my wife and me on the scale. (And we weigh around 300 lbs together)
My ride is a 2019 General 2 Ride Command, which has a factory winch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts