Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I bought a Polaris General XP 1000 with RC.
What a great machine.

My only issue is that when the key is turned to accessory (motor not running but electronics powered) the stereo will only play two or three songs before my Bluetooth (connecting to a Pixel 3) just randomly disconnects.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

P.S. I searched the forum but didn't see anything directly relating to this issue. If I missed it and you can post the thread it would be appreciated.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 G4 Delux RC Ghost White (ordered 9/1/21) & 2017 Sportsman 570
350 Posts
Nice machine! hmm interesting, I am sure someone will chime in I don't have mine yet or I would test for you. (Should be by the end of the month woo hoo!) But I wouldn't think that the BT should shut down like that, it does not do that in my vehicle but who knows when it comes to saving battery. Seems like it would be such a small draw it should not have to turn off, if you go back to key off and back to accessory does it kick back in?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
This is not normal.
• What software version are you running?
• Does the Pixel 3 connect and hold the Bluetooth connection to other devices?
• Have you tried connecting a different Bluetooth device to your RC unit and if so, are the results the same or different?
• Is this the only device you have paired via Bluetooth with your RC?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is not normal.
• What software version are you running?
• Does the Pixel 3 connect and hold the Bluetooth connection to other devices?
• Have you tried connecting a different Bluetooth device to your RC unit and if so, are the results the same or different?
• Is this the only device you have paired via Bluetooth with your RC?
  • Not sure on software (traveling for work...I'll check when I get home).
  • Yes, I have a couple of JBL speakers I use and I connect to my car and home stereo, no issues
  • I haven't tried anything else but I will (great suggestion)
  • Yes, only thing...but I have a ride coming up and a buddy will ride shotgun. Guess we'll try with his phone and see

*** This only happens (BTW) in the accessory position. While I have had the phone randomly disconnect once while driving (with around 15 hours on the machine), it seems to be fine unless the key is turned to accessory.

Thanks for helping.
I'll work through any suggestions...just trying to give as much info as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice machine! hmm interesting, I am sure someone will chime in I don't have mine yet or I would test for you. (Should be by the end of the month woo hoo!) But I wouldn't think that the BT should shut down like that, it does not do that in my vehicle but who knows when it comes to saving battery. Seems like it would be such a small draw it should not have to turn off, if you go back to key off and back to accessory does it kick back in?
Nope ...and actually the stereo is still on. The onscreen box just pops up asking if I want to connect to a new BT device or my Pixel 3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When it disconnects, does it remain on the Bluetooth screen, switch to the radio, go black, etc.?
A box pops up (mid-screen) asking to connect to new BT device or the Pixel. Stereo still on, blue interior lights, etc. I'll take a pic and have a software version to post when I get home in a week to ten days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are there any other BT devices within range when this happens?
I had it back in my woods and got out to hunt for some mushrooms and it did not disconnect. Trying to remember how many songs played but you may be onto something there. I'll have to pay more attention. Is there any way to stop it from looking for new devices?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If running on March 22 - ORS7A9.R72151A software, load July 21 - ORS7A9.R62125A instead.
If your Pixel 3 is still on the BT list after the software change, select forget device and pair it again.
I'll try this, thx.

Can you give me the short and dirty on how to do that? Or point me towards some literature?

Definitely a noob.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
RC Update
  • Download the update above. A wired internet connection is recommended, if available.
  • The downloaded file does not run or need to be opened on your computer, it only needs to be copied to a USB drive.
  • Save the update file to a 1gb or larger removable USB drive. FAT32 or exFAT format is supported. The download will not succeed if the drive is not properly formatted or is not large enough for the map package.
  • Plug the USB drive into your vehicle's USB port and turn on the touchscreen.
  • Tap the Polaris logo at the top of the screen, then tap "All Settings".
  • Tap "General" from the tabs on the left.
  • Scroll down to "Update Software".
  • Select the file you want to install. "Newest" will be automatically displayed next to the newest version detected on the USB drive.
  • The touchscreen will reboot and install the software.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RC Update
  • Download the update above. A wired internet connection is recommended, if available.
  • The downloaded file does not run or need to be opened on your computer, it only needs to be copied to a USB drive.
  • Save the update file to a 1gb or larger removable USB drive. FAT32 or exFAT format is supported. The download will not succeed if the drive is not properly formatted or is not large enough for the map package.
  • Select the file you want to install. "Newest" will be automatically displayed next to the newest version detected on the USB drive.
Thx 👍
I'll try this when I get home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RC Update
Brother, I can't thank you enough. That fixed my issue. Had a ride today and the stereo ran all day without ever disconnecting. Made the day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts