Polaris General Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Hmmm...well, I run the Outerwears and the Frogzskin...and my machine runs just great. No signs of heat damage in the CVT.

So its a personal choice/

Whatever you choose...keep those clutches clean!!

Pirate

·
Registered
Super Graphite 2021 XP 1000 Deluxe with RC
79 Posts
Saturday, I blew the dust out of the CVT from our trip last weekend. While I was at it, I replaced the pucks in the secondary clutch with rollers.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Good job! But I gotta ask, how often do you blow the dust out of the CVT?

We'll be in Moab for 10 days starting Saturday. I'll be blowing the dust out of the CVT at least three times. Just to keep the dust and that damage it causes, out of my clutches!

Pirate

·
Registered
482 Posts
With my K&N set up I get hardly any dust in the secondary on my 2020 General 4 XP. I do clean the filter often in our very dusty conditions here in Arizona for it is very easy to do. On my 2018 General 4 it over 6000 miles and primary clutch bearing seized up but having said that it did get a lot dust in there. So far on the 2020 XP i have 4000 miles and I am running a duraclutch with a blow hole fan on the discharge side of the cvt. So far all is good!

·
Registered
Super Graphite 2021 XP 1000 Deluxe with RC
79 Posts
Good job! But I gotta ask, how often do you blow the dust out of the CVT?

We'll be in Moab for 10 days starting Saturday. I'll be blowing the dust out of the CVT at least three times. Just to keep the dust and that damage it causes, out of my clutches!

Pirate
It depends on where I've been and how far I've driven. I think that I blew it out about three weeks prior, but it had been mostly driven around town during that time.

We'll be heading to the black hills the week before memorial day and I anticipate blowing out the dust a time or two while we're up there.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts