Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really like the Pulse bar set up for wiring accessories (I think they started using this in either 2019 or 2020) compared to the Block Terminal that is on my my 2018. I would like to switch it out, is it as easy as disconnecting the Block Terminal and adding the Pulse Bar?

I guess another option would be to just add a weather tight fused terminal block then I don’t have to buy the pigtail every time I want to wire something up......Thoughts....

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I'v got two Sea Blue Systems fuse blocks mounted on the under dash flat surface. Dealer wired all the accessories I ordered to the Terminal Block.
Looks like this:

That's a #6 wire from the battery, through a 30A fuse at the battery and then to the HOT terminal block. The SWITCHED terminal block is wired from the HOT block, through a relay that's
triggered by the Polaris Accessory circuit. Basically no load.
I've wired it such that all the fuses for all my accessories are at this block. So easy to find one that has blown,

Here's info on the Sea Blue Systems terminal block..bought 'em on Amazon.

Just how I did 'em.

Pirate

·
Registered
142 Posts
So I really like the Pulse bar set up for wiring accessories (I think they started using this in either 2019 or 2020) compared to the Block Terminal that is on my my 2018. I would like to switch it out, is it as easy as disconnecting the Block Terminal and adding the Pulse Bar?

I guess another option would be to just add a weather tight fused terminal block then I don’t have to buy the pigtail every time I want to wire something up......Thoughts....
The only thing about pulse bar that i dont like is the price of the pigtails for it haha

·
Registered
333 Posts
Pirate you sure put in a neat looking fuse block installation! I am enjoying the pulse bar set up on my 2020 XP. Sure makes wiring simple!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Roadrunner,

The thing I very much like about the terminal blocks is that I've moved every fuse on every accessory, to the Terminal Block. So if something goes awry...I can look at the fuses quickly to see if one popped.

Pirate

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
So then do you have accessory fuses all over the place?

I used them to have every accessory on its own circuit/fuse and all the fuses are in one place.
Easy to check

Pirate

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am guessing my terminology is incorrect the Block bar- bus bar provided on the 2016-19 just doesn’t cut it with only the two post to wire accessories to (key on or permanent power) I would like to get a set up like you have where every accessories has a dedicated fuse. I actually like your set up even better than the Pulse bar on the newer models. Thinking that will be the route I will be going in.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Thanks for the compliment.
You could take a hot wire, switched wire and ground off the pulse bar and run them to the terminal blocks. I didn't do that because my Terminal block is buried dealer installed Polaris accessories.

I had to look hard just to find the thing!!

Pirate

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree the three post power splitter arrangement in my 2016 is terrible as well. I very much like the way Pirate has his set up. I want to do something similar to that. It's neat, tidy and very serviceable and with separate fuses for each accessory, it is the most reliable way to have everything connected.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So then do you have accessory fuses all over the place?

I used them to have every accessory on its own circuit/fuse and all the fuses are in one place.
Easy to check

Pirate
No, fuses are not all over the place. My wiring harness came with relays and fuse holders. With the pulse bar it is really a nice clean installation. Much better than the old days. What you have done with yours it very necessary, but the pulse bar changed all of that.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Good for you Roadrunner. I'm sort of amazed at those that have accessory fused all over the machine. One pops...and it takes time to find it.

Yes, the change to the Pulse Bar was a good addition...next time!

Pirate

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'v got two Sea Blue Systems fuse blocks mounted on the under dash flat surface. Dealer wired all the accessories I ordered to the Terminal Block.
Looks like this:
View attachment 66271

That's a #6 wire from the battery, through a 30A fuse at the battery and then to the HOT terminal block. The SWITCHED terminal block is wired from the HOT block, through a relay that's
triggered by the Polaris Accessory circuit. Basically no load.
I've wired it such that all the fuses for all my accessories are at this block. So easy to find one that has blown,

Here's info on the Sea Blue Systems terminal block..bought 'em on Amazon.
View attachment 66272

Just how I did 'em.

Pirate
Nice work Pirate. Again, another professional installation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts