Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on a windshield:
  1. Flip up screen?
  2. Flip down screen?
  3. Vented screen?
  4. Solid mount no vents
  5. Partial screen?
...and if you were doing your choice over, what would you do differently and why?

Thanks!馃嵒

Registered
2020 Polaris General XP-2 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
Mostly depends on personal preference and climate you operate in.

I first installed a solid Super ATV windshield, then a rear, due to the dust vortex and finally added Seizmik windshield vents to battle the cab heat in spring/summer.

Only thing I would change if doing over is to buy a windshield that already had the vents in it.

Registered
We have gone with the Polaris glass 3 position windshields on our last 2 units.
Like them really well but spendy.

Registered
I didn't need or want a folding or easily removable windshield. I chose the vented windshield from Bent Metal (Polaris General Vented Windshield).

It's a work of art. I like the sliding adjustable vents at the bottom and the glass area is larger than most. Would recommend completely. - Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Up here it鈥檚 cold more than warm, so I ordered an in stock Seizmik vented windscreen.
My first choice, Polaris windshields are on B/O until June or July...

Registered
I went with the Bent Metal one also, and their wiper kit. Windshield is as stated above, really nice. I customized the wipers to a 2 arm set up, building an idler post and drag link type set up so whole window gets wiped. Love it.

Registered
I have the Polaris three position windshield which works great HOWEVER, you must remove all the screws and put locktite on them and reinstall the screws. I had my General for about two weeks and the windshield came loose on the trail........locktite the screws and no problems (4 years ago still good)
Cheers Baja Charlie

Registered
Looking for suggestions on a windshield:
  1. Flip up screen?
  2. Flip down screen?
  3. Vented screen?
  4. Solid mount no vents
  5. Partial screen?
...and if you were doing your choice over, what would you do differently and why?

Thanks!馃嵒
On our second General and both have the Polaris 3 position flip open glass windshield. Expensive but really like it. Make sure you get a windshield that is wiper ready if you plan on putting a wiper setup on it!

Registered
I have the SXSWindshield ( full glass with vents ) and Polaris Glass rear windshield. No complaints so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts