Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 General Deluxe
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgraded to the 30 x 10 x 14 Pro Armour XG tires, extreme kick out nerf bars, and the XL wide fender flares! Love the look of the new rubber and the added clearance they provide, but the biggest difference is easily the wider fender flares. The difference is crazy. No more mud flying everywhere inside the cab, even with the bigger tires. There is no question these should be standard issue, not a $300 accessory.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agreed, I like my fender flares as well. But I can't seem to get the front to stay connected behind the wheel. Did you have any issues with this?

·
Registered
2020 General Deluxe
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed, I like my fender flares as well. But I can't seem to get the front to stay connected behind the wheel. Did you have any issues with this?
I had the local dealership do the install when they were swapping over the tires, everything seems pretty tight as far as I can see?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the local dealership do the install when they were swapping over the tires, everything seems pretty tight as far as I can see?
Okay, Mine was more of a do it yourself install. Maybe I installed wrong I dunno, had them on for a year, just wish the bottom behind the wheel would stay flush with the other panel. Being that the dealer installed yours, you probably won't encounter this.

·
Registered
2020 G2 XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
517 Posts
I can't seem to get the front to stay connected behind the wheel.
1. Does the issue occur on both sides?
2. Are the push rivets in good condition?
3. Are the holes in the body wallowed out?

Photos of the effected area would help.

I assume you are referring to # 3, correct?

·
Registered
22 Posts

View attachment 71435
[/QUOTE

View attachment 71435
Thanks for the replies all. Not trying to hijack this thread.. but yes they are oem Polaris. spot number three is my issue. If I can get a pic of the issue I will post. The issue does happen to driver and passenger side.

·
Registered
2020 G2 XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
517 Posts
Thanks for the replies all. Not trying to hijack this thread.. but yes they are oem Polaris. spot number three is my issue. If I can get a pic of the issue I will post. The issue does happen to driver and passenger side.
Not trying to hijack it either (sorry Beaverley Bombers, rig looks great) but if it is happening on both sides, it is most likely one or more of the following:

1. Holes in body too large for proper push rivet engagement
2. Push rivets diameter or length too small
3. Damaged push rivets

It would be weird for 2 or 3 to be the issue, since it is on both, in same location and if the other rivets in the flare are holding fine.

If the holes is too large, for some reason, you can always get larger diameter push rivets.

Photos may help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts