Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
My dealer sold me a OEM for my spare for $175. He told me that the general belt is stronger than the RZR belt so I didnt want to take a chance on the trail. Said the general would just shred the RZR belt. Probably feeding me a line.

·
Super Moderator
4,195 Posts
Sorry but had too! The best spare belt to carry is the one you will never need! >:)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've carried expensive spares in past machines that never got used (and wouldn't fit the new machine of course). It occurred to me that I only need the spare to get me back to the truck...THEN I can spend the money on the expensive belt. My $.02

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've carried expensive spares in past machines that never got used (and wouldn't fit the new machine of course). It occurred to me that I only need the spare to get me back to the truck...THEN I can spend the money on the expensive belt. My $.02
Unless your 200 miles from the truck.:wink2: I think OEM is still the best option at this time.

·
Registered
897 Posts
True, but you can baby it back to the truck and ANY belt should survive 200 miles. I just don't want $190 worth of belt wasting away in the cargo box. As I said, if you do use the spare to get home then buy the quality replacement and throw the cheapy back in the box for next time. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.