Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna load up saturday and take my brand new shiny 2017 general to soggy bottoms.... just wondering if anyone has figured out what is the best spare belt to carry in the glove box. gates, oem? any other suggestions

·
Registered
145 Posts
My dealer sold me a OEM for my spare for $175. He told me that the general belt is stronger than the RZR belt so I didnt want to take a chance on the trail. Said the general would just shred the RZR belt. Probably feeding me a line.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Sorry but had too! The best spare belt to carry is the one you will never need! >:)

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've carried expensive spares in past machines that never got used (and wouldn't fit the new machine of course). It occurred to me that I only need the spare to get me back to the truck...THEN I can spend the money on the expensive belt. My $.02

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've carried expensive spares in past machines that never got used (and wouldn't fit the new machine of course). It occurred to me that I only need the spare to get me back to the truck...THEN I can spend the money on the expensive belt. My $.02
Unless your 200 miles from the truck.:wink2: I think OEM is still the best option at this time.

·
Registered
807 Posts
True, but you can baby it back to the truck and ANY belt should survive 200 miles. I just don't want $190 worth of belt wasting away in the cargo box. As I said, if you do use the spare to get home then buy the quality replacement and throw the cheapy back in the box for next time. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Polaris general 20k. Correct belt $175. Knowing you can still haul the mail priceless...And I only want to take it apart once. But definitely to each there own. Hopefully they last 6k miles like my dad's rzr 800.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts