Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 General Deluxe
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Hope you had a great Memorial Day break.

Recently purchased a used 2019 General EPS Deluxe. It has a noticeable squeal or whine during start/stop and moving at low speeds. I have attached a video so you can hear for yourself.

It did not come with a spare belt so I went ahead and changed to a Hunterworks HW-92GC belt keeping the original as a spare. The new belt has the same noise also. Both belts look fine. There were no obvious signs of slipping to my old eyes. It seems to run fine but I don't want to ignore an obvious issue. I scuffed up the sheaves using the red scotchbrite with no change. I did see another post from Pirate on checking the alignment so I will do that next time I am up.

The young man I bought it from had the SuperATV clutch kit installed. He said he chose the general performance option.

Any ideas are appreciated. It will be the end of June before I am back by the machine it to try anything. Its in a remote location and bringing it in to get looked at is my last resort. Also, any answers might be delayed until I can get back up there. No internet there either...

Here's the link to the video in my Dropbox. Will not let me attach a .mov file here directly that I could find.

Belt squeal

Cheers everyone.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris General XP 1000
23 Posts
Hello all. Hope you had a great Memorial Day break.

Recently purchased a used 2019 General EPS Deluxe. It has a noticeable squeal or whine during start/stop and moving at low speeds. I have attached a video so you can hear for yourself.

It did not come with a spare belt so I went ahead and changed to a Hunterworks HW-92GC belt keeping the original as a spare. The new belt has the same noise also. Both belts look fine. There were no obvious signs of slipping to my old eyes. It seems to run fine but I don't want to ignore an obvious issue. I scuffed up the sheaves using the red scotchbrite with no change. I did see another post from Pirate on checking the alignment so I will do that next time I am up.

The young man I bought it from had the SuperATV clutch kit installed. He said he chose the general performance option.

Any ideas are appreciated. It will be the end of June before I am back by the machine it to try anything. Its in a remote location and bringing it in to get looked at is my last resort. Also, any answers might be delayed until I can get back up there. No internet there either...

Here's the link to the video in my Dropbox. Will not let me attach a .mov file here directly that I could find.

Belt squeal

Cheers everyone.
I had a belt sqeal on my 2020 XP that was a lot worse then yours. I chatted with Todd at hunter works and after sending a couple of pics to him, he said my clutches were out of align. I bought the tool from him and they were out of alignment.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Did you find anything out?
If so please post so others with the same problem might find a solution to their problem.

·
Registered
2019 General Deluxe
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johnny 7,
Not yet, As noted I will not be back on it til the end of June as the machine is 450 miles away in the UP. I have some things to try in between wiring the pole barn and bedtime. Will definitely share with the group depending on if/what I find out. Did find a video from Hunterworks showing what seems to be a very similar noise. Unfortunately they don’t have a solid fix for it yet.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Good luck with your wiring and your General. Hope you can find an answer and be an easy fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts