Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about 150 miles, my Deluxe has developed a "whine" when I take off from a stop. I am guessing the belt or clutch. I try to get into the throttle quickly to engage the belt on the clutch quickly. A little more noticeable in high than in low range, but there in both. Once moving and RPMs are up, it goes away. Is this normal? Anyone else experience this? It is a "whine" not a "wine". I would be ok with a "wine":smile2:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine whistles at about 50mph. I think it is a combo of the light bar and windshield. About time to take out window for summer so I will find out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine whistles at about 50mph. I think it is a combo of the light bar and windshield. About time to take out window for summer so I will find out.
Mine is not like that. It occurs when I am starting out from a stop. I assume the belt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine doing same but only has about 10 miles on it....just put 29.5 terminators on it with a 3" shock relocation lift. I figure the belt sheave getting glazed....not sure yet...this my first Polaris so don't know what's normal and what's not...thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thx...I have had a rhino 660 since 07...did lots of upgrades to be able to 28" silverbacks it...never broke anything but the 660 just not enough motor...1000 is a huge change for me...but I am bothered with the squeal since it was not there from the get go....will give it some time...I guess for me want to make sure it's not something slipping since I am new to the Polaris world ...thx to all for your prior feedback

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took the advice of Alaskan47 and am using LOW range even 10-15mph. Above that, I am in HIGH.

Reactions: 2722

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same issue on a 2017 general delux . Im running 28 inch outlaw 2s . I ended up putting a epi clutch kit in it but seems to be making more noise and the clutches running hotter. I had a 2016 general delux that i was running the same rubber witout the clutch kit and it would chatter on take off and whine .

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the site piccolo!
and to General ownership!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts