Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of 2nd Generation Bandit Shocks for my 2016 Premium model a month or so ago. Even though,...I haven't had the chance to test them out on the trail, they seem to feel much better,....what little I've road it.

ANYWAY,... I had a friend of mine that just bought a 2017 Deluxe model.

WELL,...... He & I happen to have a mutual friend that is the owner of a local business called,....Victory Racing Shocks,... https://www.facebook.com/Victory-Racing-Shocks-1681973625423285/

I asked him if he could test my Bandits,......against the OEM Fox units,.....and he said he would be glad to.

After the test comparison,....he delivered the shocks back to me,....along with his findings.
Keep in mind,..... he has years of Knowledge & Experience in this area,...and even though I'm a gear-head and a seasoned (aka old-fart) Drag Racer,.....a lot of his jargon was over my head. LOL

In a nutshell,....... (according to him)
The Bandits are a very good trail shock,..... AND,.... in HIS PROFESSIONAL OPINION,..... they're a better "overall" package than what the Fox units that come standard on the Deluxe.

NOW,....
To Elaborate a little,.......According to his Tests/Findings,..... The rear Bandit Shock,....and the Fox were nearly identical,.... and what he found was the (rear) Bandits are actually valved a little better.. The front,..... on the other hand,....is where the Fox seemed to out perform the Bandit,....BUT,... not by a whole lot. Nothing that according to him,,,a little re-valving couldn't fix,...(But honestly,....he said you'll probably never notice it on the trail).

Where the Bandits shine,.....over the OEM Fox QS3's,......are the Spring Package. In his opinion,....to get the most out the Fox Shocks,.....they REALLY need a different set of springs on them,.....ESPECIALLY the front ones.

Considering a new set of springs cost on average of 700-750,......that makes for a very expensive set of Fox Shocks,....by the time everything is said & done.

Attached,....are the print out of the Shock graphs. Red,....is the Bandits,......Yellow is the Fox QS3's

Maybe someone with more technical knowledge can make more out of it than I could. :wink2:
LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Fox RC2’s with dual rate springs
“The BEST” just bring $$$.
By the way, Fox bought Shock Therapy.
Bandit??? Never heard of them, I guess they don’t come to Baja. Also, you can take your stock Fox Shocks off your General and ship them to Shock Therapy and they will rework them and put the right springs on based on the filled out questionnaire you send them.

If you’re really interested on this subject look up any of Pirate’s post on what he did for his G2. Good stuff

Just my two pesos worth
Cheers Baja Charlie

PS: Polaris did well at this year’s Baja 400 race, they won three of the four classes (even the Pro Stock Normally Aspirated class which uses the same engine as your General) I’ve been through that race course a few times over the years and it’s a challenge, especially the trail out the back side of Mikes Sky Rancho......eeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,404 Posts
Just curious cause there are all kinds of variables like oil viscosity/age, clicker settings, spring rates/set up, valve stacks, nitrogen charge……if they are that close what would you gain? There is already some misconceptions between helper/tender springs going around. I think there is a lot of hype on ST myself. Do some research on your own and play with your shocks adjustability in all areas thats available…it’s fun and you learn a lot about your machine and suspension systems. You’re paying for their R&D and advertising. There are a lot of things you can do, if you have the interest. Love the info…..cool stuff to look at.😎

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe/RC/Stage 4 RF
1,404 Posts
I purchased a set of 2nd Generation Bandit Shocks for my 2016 Premium model a month or so ago. Even though,...I haven't had the chance to test them out on the trail, they seem to feel much better,....what little I've road it.

ANYWAY,... I had a friend of mine that just bought a 2017 Deluxe model.

WELL,...... He & I happen to have a mutual friend that is the owner of a local business called,....Victory Racing Shocks,... Victory Racing Shocks

I asked him if he could test my Bandits,......against the OEM Fox units,.....and he said he would be glad to.

After the test comparison,....he delivered the shocks back to me,....along with his findings.
Keep in mind,..... he has years of Knowledge & Experience in this area,...and even though I'm a gear-head and a seasoned (aka old-fart) Drag Racer,.....a lot of his jargon was over my head. LOL

In a nutshell,....... (according to him)
The Bandits are a very good trail shock,..... AND,.... in HIS PROFESSIONAL OPINION,..... they're a better "overall" package than what the Fox units that come standard on the Deluxe.

NOW,....
To Elaborate a little,.......According to his Tests/Findings,..... The rear Bandit Shock,....and the Fox were nearly identical,.... and what he found was the (rear) Bandits are actually valved a little better.. The front,..... on the other hand,....is where the Fox seemed to out perform the Bandit,....BUT,... not by a whole lot. Nothing that according to him,,,a little re-valving couldn't fix,...(But honestly,....he said you'll probably never notice it on the trail).

Where the Bandits shine,.....over the OEM Fox QS3's,......are the Spring Package. In his opinion,....to get the most out the Fox Shocks,.....they REALLY need a different set of springs on them,.....ESPECIALLY the front ones.

Considering a new set of springs cost on average of 700-750,......that makes for a very expensive set of Fox Shocks,....by the time everything is said & done.

Attached,....are the print out of the Shock graphs. Red,....is the Bandits,......Yellow is the Fox QS3's

Maybe someone with more technical knowledge can make more out of it than I could. :wink2:
LOL
Front springs shouldn’t be that much, that’s a whole set price you quoted I believe….ask him what spring rate you need and find a set, they are out there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts