Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
I am gonna run 2 lights at the back like Alaskan47 did and just run them to a switch and will add a LED light to the bumper as well. I am thinking I will add a horn as well would like to have the 5 dixie horns bit I cannot think of a place to put them, no room under front hood due to putting in the wiper washer kit

·
Registered
15 Posts
could anyone tell where the rev. light wiring is and the color of the wires I want to hook up back up lights :smile2:
That's a good idea. The only way I could think of is figuring out which wire is sending a signal to the speedo cluster from the gear shifter

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found that wire on my Teryx and the back up lights came on as soon as I put it in reverse. That's the easiest way as long as the voltage draw is low.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is wiring for a backup alarm small wires black and red on top of rear of engine close to wiring for tail lights, it's the same on a 2014 Ranger. On my Ranger i wired in a relay because the small wires cannot carry much current. Will do same on my General.
Great find Dirt. The red with black tracer is hot in reverse. The ends are heat shrinked, but real easy to find.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found those two wires on my machine. Seems like the red is hot as soon as the key is on. I would think it would come in when in reverse only??

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
One wire is hot when key is on other is ground when in rev. like newer cars and truck they are going to ground switching as switches and relays last a lot longer and no ark when switched.

·
Registered
264 Posts
UTV Driver
6 Cool Things You Didn't Know About Your Polaris RZR

This one is a bonus for you because, it's only available on the Polaris Ranger and General. These two capped off wires get powered up only when the machine is shifted in reverse. So you could wire in a back up light or buzzer if you have that need.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Big Guy,

The General does have a "Transmission Switch" that tells the ECU what gear you are in.

But unfortunately, its just a resistance device and changing gears changes the resistance the ECU sees...and it tells the Instrument Cluster which LCD gear indicator icon to show.

So if you can find a relay board that uses resistance to trigger a relay...then you have it.

Altronix might make one....

Pirate

·
Registered
51 Posts
The wires on top of the engine for the backup beeper work great. I wired four led "bolts" to them and they come on when in reverse. Added two lights to the roof wired to a switch to use as work lights when needed.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts