Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering for those who have the Ridecommand package from the factory. does the revers camera come on automatically when putting the transmission into revers and back to main screen when switched out of reverse? I see that the Ranger does this, just wondering if the general does as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, reverse the Rear Camera turns on, shift out of reverse back to main Screen.
2019 General 2 Ride Command

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Yea and you can turn it back on as long as you are going under (I believe) 15 mph if you want to. Agree that the rear camera could be positioned a little better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put a bad dawg rear bumper on my xp today and the bracket for the bumper went right across the camera so i took the camera out, put the bumper on and drilled a hole for the camera. I can see quite a bit more now with the angle of the bumper but i think the rear view camera was more set up for backing up to a trailer, not Necessarily for seeing to back up in the woods or something like that. I can no longer see the hitch but i can get it close enough. Also, i am aware it is not exactly centered. I mis measured. 😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a bad dawg rear bumper on my xp today and the bracket for the bumper went right across the camera so i took the camera out, put the bumper on and drilled a hole for the camera. I can see quite a bit more now with the angle of the bumper but i think the rear view camera was more set up for backing up to a trailer, not Necessarily for seeing to back up in the woods or something like that. I can no longer see the hitch but i can get it close enough. Also, i am aware it is not exactly centered. I mis measured. 😁 View attachment 65914 View attachment 65915
How do you like that bumper? Was thinking about getting the same one. I did not put the Polaris rear bumper on my build as I likes that bad dawg more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@ bluedream, i like it. Easy to install, and not too bulky. Of cours its only been on there for about 14 hours so time will tell. I was curious if tree branches or vines will snag
On the ends but i have yet to get really go for a ride in the woods with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts