Polaris General Forum banner

Automatic Floor Drain Plugs

7K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Bob Reno 
#1 ·
I got my General last year and Love it! However, there were a few things that to me needed improvement. One of the things that I did not like right out of the gate was the floor plugs. They kept falling out and getting lost. I finally just threw them away but then the dust and mud and water kept coming through the holes in the floor so that sucked too. I decided to fix the problem so I designed an automatic draining floor plug that seals really well, is flat profile and locks in place. This new product is called the PLUG™. They retail for $49.50 / pair and can be bought from our website at the PLUG™.

Blue Purple Material property Gas Auto part
Blue Drinkware Dishware Light Azure

Here is also a link from a reviewer.

See less See more
1 2
#4 ·
I got my General last year and Love it! However, there were a few things that to me needed improvement. One of the things that I did not like right out of the gate was the floor plugs. They kept falling out and getting lost. I finally just threw them away but then the dust and mud and water kept coming through the holes in the floor so that sucked too. I decided to fix the problem so I designed an automatic draining floor plug that seals really well, is flat profile and locks in place. This new product is called the PLUG™. They retail for $49.50 / pair and can be bought from our website at the PLUG™.

View attachment 75798 View attachment 75799

Here is also a link from a reviewer.
PM sent

#6 ·
What I don't see...is what happens when you drive through a creek about 18" deep? Does water come up through the screen?
As in the MUDHOLE we wandered into on the Arapeen Mountain. It got deeper until we had water almost up to the top of the seat bottoms before I got us winched out.
(fortunately is was "BOSS" who said..."just drive through it". Lucky me, she accepted responsibility for having us try to drive across that big "puddle". But I got stuck with
the $32 it took to get the mud out of and off of the General!) I use my own "drain plug opening" covers with three washers under each bolt to let water drain out. But when you're
in that deep...
So wondering if one wanders into deep water, will it just fill the cab?
Curious
Pirate

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.