Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our machine has the MXT audio soundbar across the top of the front of the cab. While it actually does not sound too bad when playing something other than the radio, I would like to get some better sound. What have fellow General owners done to add a sub woofer and rear speakers? I am not looking for making my ears bleed or anything outrageous. I just want to spend a few dollars to make the sound a little fuller for when we want to listen to some music.

The MXT has an audio out on what looks like a proprietary plug. So I can add an amp and some speakers but what fits up in the top outer corners of the roll cage?

I am curious to know what others have done and what components they have used. I am not interested in high end overpriced Rockford Fosgate and the like.

Thanks

G

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have the MTX sound bar installed. The entire ride command system is flawed when it comes to delivering quality sound. I have my rig in to shop so dealer can fix. See below

I have a 2020 Polaris General XP 1000 Deluxe with ride command with Rockford Fosgate stage 4 deluxe sound system with amp and subwoofer. This system was installed at factory. The sound system doesn’t work properly. Dealer can’t figure it out either.

When adjusting settings in ride command to attempt to get decent audio your system fails. When adjusting equalizer, not much changes, still horrible audio. When attempting to balance or use fade audio disappears. Slide fade button to rear and all speakers shut off (both front and rear). Slide fade all the way to front speakers and all speakers operate but sound is horrible.

Dealer has even went as far as testing other new Polaris models on show room floor that have identical system as mine. Every system fails to deliver. Identical problems in every system.

It appears that Polaris and Rockford Fosgate have a systemwide problem. They need to rectify this problem and provide everyone with the solution. When you pay in excess of $2200.00. For a system it dang well better work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have the MTX sound bar installed. The entire ride command system is flawed when it comes to delivering quality sound. I have my rig in to shop so dealer can fix. See below

I have a 2020 Polaris General XP 1000 Deluxe with ride command with Rockford Fosgate stage 4 deluxe sound system with amp and subwoofer. This system was installed at factory. The sound system doesn’t work properly. Dealer can’t figure it out either.

When adjusting settings in ride command to attempt to get decent audio your system fails. When adjusting equalizer, not much changes, still horrible audio. When attempting to balance or use fade audio disappears. Slide fade button to rear and all speakers shut off (both front and rear). Slide fade all the way to front speakers and all speakers operate but sound is horrible.

Dealer has even went as far as testing other new Polaris models on show room floor that have identical system as mine. Every system fails to deliver. Identical problems in every system.

It appears that Polaris and Rockford Fosgate have a systemwide problem. They need to rectify this problem and provide everyone with the solution. When you pay in excess of $2200.00. For a system it dang well better work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow that is a bad state of affairs... That would not fly with me and I would be getting some answers and some satisfaction in a hurry or there would be..... I woulds take it up with Polaris directly.. I have read that they do not provide good customer service but I can vouch for this not being true.. When my dealer screwed me around on warranty service for my new sled a couple of years ago, I took it to Polaris and they bought me a brand new sled 2017 Switchback 600 Pro R Snow check edition with all the toys on it. So I would recommend making some noise if you are not happy..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Trust me, I have contacted everyone including Rockford Fosgate, Polaris, dealer.
My dealer is very responsive and is doing all they can to resolve issue

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do a search on stage 4 audio posts, this problem has been hashed over already. The amp included is only a 2 channel and all 4 speakers are run on it, so no fade function.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually the amp provided on my machine is a single channel. Just got off the phone with Polaris and they are also wondering why the incorrect amp was installed. Rockford indicates that the correct amp is a 500 watt 4 channel amp for the stage 4 system. Waiting to hear back from Polaris with their answer for the fix.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually the amp provided on my machine is a single channel. Just got off the phone with Polaris and they are also wondering why the incorrect amp was installed. Rockford indicates that the correct amp is a 500 watt 4 channel amp for the stage 4 system. Waiting to hear back from Polaris with their answer for the fix.
This is very interesting. I agree that the correct amp should be a 4 channel. I also have put in a complaint which they have forwarded to the engineering team who handles the audio, at least that is what they told me. Imagine if there was a big mix up and they sent all the stage 4 systems out with the wrong amp, and then they actually fixed it. A guy can dream right? haha. I am not going to get my hopes up but they really should make this right for how much the system costs. People just need to keep complaining and putting pressure on them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is very interesting. I agree that the correct amp should be a 4 channel. I also have put in a complaint which they have forwarded to the engineering team who handles the audio, at least that is what they told me. Imagine if there was a big mix up and they sent all the stage 4 systems out with the wrong amp, and then they actually fixed it. A guy can dream right? haha. I am not going to get my hopes up but they really should make this right for how much the system costs. People just need to keep complaining and putting pressure on them.
Actually the proper amp should be a 5 channel amp for stage 4. 2 front, 2 rear and sub. Deck should also have sub level or there should be a sub control pod (knob).
I get decent sound out of the system... my issues are.

#1- in a 2 seat General, I am wearing one of the rear speakers as a headphone. Without any fade control, go figure I can really only hear the one speaker 3 inches from my head.

#2- Polaris neutering. Polaris is controlling the gain of the deck with their software (updates) so as not to allow users to be able to crank the system and blow the speakers. Fine- but I have no volume at 7, can faintly hear it at 8,9- 10 sounds decent and 11 it finally gets going.... but it’s not a smooth ramp up.

Im working on pinning out all the wires to publish so we can all add the proper amp to the proprietary bullshit they built and see how it comes out.

Sadly, I am kind of jealous of my brother who got the XP without Ride Command and we are going to add a killer Alpine screen that can duplicate the Ride Command app, for $1500 less.

I will keep you posted on my next few days of digging.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have no doubt that you will be able to make a better system but I am actually pretty happy with the system since the last update. Now volume 7 is actually pretty loud (plus volume increases as you speed up which is nice). Get up to volume 10 and it's to loud for me. Still no control of the sub or proper fade of course. The update gave the sub some actual bass and with everything set in the middle the quality of the overall sound is good. Curious to see what you come up with still, I'm sure it will sound good!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no doubt that you will be able to make a better system but I am actually pretty happy with the system since the last update. Now volume 7 is actually pretty loud (plus volume increases as you speed up which is nice). Get up to volume 10 and it's to loud for me. Still no control of the sub or proper fade of course. The update gave the sub some actual bass and with everything set in the middle the quality of the overall sound is good. Curious to see what you come up with still, I'm sure it will sound good!
If you are happy with the setup but want control of the subwoofer- Recreational Watts makes a simple line driver that uses the factory amp- but gives you control of the sub side amp- simple knob. Easy install and only $150. Quick solution to that problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are happy with the setup but want control of the subwoofer- Recreational Watts makes a simple line driver that uses the factory amp- but gives you control of the sub side amp- simple knob. Easy install and only $150. Quick solution to that problem.
I will look into that. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have you installed this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I added 8 - 8" speakers to the sound bar

·
Registered
189 Posts
I went with sxs audio they are great to deal with and great product. Had it in my g2 and sent him the front and had another box made for the g4 and great sound and couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pioneer 1000, 2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 SE
8 Posts
No. But I can guarantee it works as intended. It will get louder, gain a little sound quality and give you control of the sub. The sub is not fantastic quality- so it really won’t do a whole bunch more.
Banzai,

Have you checked out MTX? They have a part PRCAA which is a Ride Command to Aftermarket Adapter so you can install an aftermarket system. I just found this as I have a buddy that is an MTX dealer. You can then take the awesome systems that MTX makes for the RZR and put it in the General. It will still work with the RC. I plan to take the junk Rockford Fosgate out once my machine arrives and replace it with the MTX system. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Banzai,

Have you checked out MTX? They have a part PRCAA which is a Ride Command to Aftermarket Adapter so you can install an aftermarket system. I just found this as I have a buddy that is an MTX dealer. You can then take the awesome systems that MTX makes for the RZR and put it in the General. It will still work with the RC. I plan to take the junk Rockford Fosgate out once my machine arrives and replace it with the MTX system. Just a thought.
Will not work on 2021 RC General. They went to a 100% proprietary molex straight to the RF pile of crap amp. I am in the middle of swapping all my stuff out- 2 waterproof JL amps, Alpine speakers and a JL sub. Still in the middle of it. The amp2 (Rear) output is not even pinned out of the back of the Ride Command. I will keep people posted on how it comes out.
Got the 2 amps in- sounds perfect, plenty of volume, no noises and the factory sub with proper power actually does pretty **** good! Bonus with a few brackets the amps fit under that dash with heat vents, street legal kit (box) and the sun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts