Polaris General Forum banner

Anyone using a Portal Gear Lift?

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperATV 
#1 ·
Wondering if others have ventured into the portal gear lifts. Been looking at these and other (cheaper) options too but the portal seems to be a good call given the easy to install, lift, and gear reduction. There are expensive so want to poll the group. If you have them, what size tires are you running, reduction ratio, etc. Thanks!

#2 ·
Quite a few on here are running portals and using different gear reductions.
Try a search above if wanting more info than what people list here.

Reactions: SuperATV
#7 ·
Tire size all depends on other suspension components. Forward A-arms, lifts, portal size, etc... Do you have a desired tire size you are shooting for? If so, I can go through all of your options.

Here's a link to our portal calculator. You can punch in your desired tire size, and it'll show you everything.
I've never really worried about speed where we are. Not enough room to hit full speed for long around here anyway. I tell just about everybody to go ahead and get more GR than you think you need, because rock crawlers and mud guys always need more bottom end. But....if you're concerned about top end speeds, we offer the lower reduction options there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.