Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is home and the accessories are being installed. One question is anyone sealing the lower panel during installation and if so what are you using?

·
Registered
162 Posts
i sealed my back panel with roofing caulk, and use black duct tape on panels behind and under seat.i hardly get any dust at all in my cab anymore with my half windshield and very little with my full.:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I have not sealed mine at all. don't get a lot of dust in mine have a full windshield and a full back window if I do start getting a lot of dust may seal lower panel but no problem as of yet! with no door uppers going to get some from them being open I would think!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have no problems full front and full back maybe when I get uppers it will suck in more ,then I will seal it. It does expand and let heat or steam in when you go through deep water.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I used foam pipe insulation on mine but I have custom made front/rear windows, not the flimsy Polaris plastic.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used 3/8" butyl tape which is gummy, sealing and remains pliable. Easy cleanup for parts removal. This is used in RV camper windows
to seal them.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
The little panel that mounts below the back window ( on the stock frame ) its plastic and top corners has 2 bolts and the bottom edge sets on lip of rear of cab and has push pins holding it.

Attachments

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can you get the lower plastic panel separate from the rear window kit? And does anyone have the part number?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Every time it gets a little hot that panel on mine bows out in the middle about 1/2 inch. I am thinking about putting something in the middle to hold it in. I can't believe the plastic used on this panel expands that much. When it cools off, it goes right back into place.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes mine did the same thing. There is about a 1/4" of overlap of plastic over metal in the middle. I used a small self drilling sheet metal screw and fastened that flimsy plastic in the middle to the cage. Works great and is still removable.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't have a picture of it, but I made an additional bracket to hold the panel straight in the middle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts