Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,144 Posts
That's a really good looking tire!

I have always liked Interco will have to look into them when the time to replace the bighorns but will be hard to get me to change from the Bighorns really like them!

Reactions: 2020GeneralPremium

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im interested to see the responses as well. I ride all over Missouri where the terrain changes from rock cliffs to climb up to muddy trails to creek bottoms. So I need a tire that can do it all.. I prefer to stay out of the mud but unfortunately that doesn't happen in Missouri. I have been looking at the terrabite in a 30'' tall tire but haven't seen any reviews of how they perform in the mud. This Interco tire may be a better option?

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
I can tell you from first hand experience, the Terrabite is not a mud tire, but does alright in light muddy situations, much like an all terrain would do on a truck. I too avoid deep mud whenever possible, but it's going to happen sometimes. I dropped into some a few weeks ago. Looked like semi solid ground, but wound up being wet silt. I sank to the frame, and had to winch out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont like mud either but here in TN, WV and NC trails you dont have much choice to avoid it, especially this year. I like to look of the more popular tires for ATV/UTV's people buy but they are more for rock crawling and desert.

Best I can tell these will weigh about 26 lbs more than my Maxxis Coronado's..

Here is a Dirt Wheels article. https://dirtwheelsmag.com/product-evaluation-interco-sniper-atv-utv-920-tire/

If and when I sell my HPI Baja buggy I am buying these Snipers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can tell you from first hand experience, the Terrabite is not a mud tire, but does alright in light muddy situations, much like an all terrain would do on a truck. I too avoid deep mud whenever possible, but it's going to happen sometimes. I dropped into some a few weeks ago. Looked like semi solid ground, but wound up being wet silt. I sank to the frame, and had to winch out.
Ok thanks. I might go with the 920's then on a method wheel and see what happens..

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's a good looking tire for sure. I remember everyone running Interco super swampers on their
trucks and jeeps back in the 80's and 90's. You either ran super swampers or gumbo mudders if you
were a serious off roader in our area of WV.

The sniper tire looks like a great all terrain tire that would wear well on the rocks and hard pack
with just enough separation between lugs to grip OK in the mud. Definitely not a mud tire but looks
like a good compromise. I'll keep them in mind when the time comes. Be very interested in how they
work for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just installed a set of these on my general. 30-10-14 with method wheels. Haven't had them out on the trail yet but I did go far a ride to my buddys down the black top and they handled the road and high speeds very well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,144 Posts
Had a chance to get them dirty Yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had a chance to get them dirty Yet?
Haven't had them out in the mud yet. Everything's pretty well frozen around here. They exceeded my expectations in the 14'' of snow that we had. I really like the 920's so far, they do great on the black top roads at all speeds. I've had it up to about 65mph with these tires on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just installed a set of these on my general. 30-10-14 with method wheels. Haven't had them out on the trail yet but I did go far a ride to my buddys down the black top and they handled the road and high speeds very well.
Do you have these pics in higher resolution?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, there are no 30x10-14's really to be found. I got this reply from PlanetSXS.

No sir unfortunately not, they moved factories and it has put tire production way behind. Could be another month or more before there are any available

·
Registered
28 Posts
Haven't had them out in the mud yet. Everything's pretty well frozen around here. They exceeded my expectations in the 14'' of snow that we had. I really like the 920's so far, they do great on the black top roads at all speeds. I've had it up to about 65mph with these tires on.
So its been a year, how do you like the Sniper 920's? I have to retire my Outbacks because they are dry cracking and am thinking about the 920's. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Says 8 ply and DOT rated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Actually looks like a pretty good AT Tire including some mud Which based on appearance of tread pattern looks like it would clean out better than some of the other AT DOT Tires. Sizing appears to be close to claimed and Maximum Load on their site shows a pretty good Maximum Load of 1135 for the 28x10-14 with weight of 32 lbs. 27.9” and 1280 for 30x10-14 with weight of 35 lbs. 29.9” I am assuming uncounted Height. I would like to hear of any reviews they seem pretty limited.

·
Super Moderator
4,144 Posts
Any new news on how they have been? may be looking at a set of new tires as I put a large hole in one of my bighorns on a ride in the up. Got it repaired and have not had a problem with it but its always in the back of my mind so I think will replace the set and thinking of getting a set and trying!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am as well but my purchase is a couple months out to match when I can get through the snow to open my upstate property and get the General back out. I have searched all the sites I can find on the tire in the different sizes and there are very few (1-7) reviews associated with the purchase of this tire. Good news is the few that are there are all positive no negative.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts