Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered street legal kit 8/26 and still hasn't shipped. Anyone use this company? Company was emailing me but has ceased contact.

·
Registered
74 Posts
A coworker of mine ordered a kit last week, he said communication was slow (maybe Aaron was on vacation or something). Communication did pick up, and he was told his kit was about 2 weeks out.
I actually emailed them with a couple questions earlier this morning, still waiting on a response.

Maybe someone here can answer my question... I'd asked them if the sequential LED strips are needed on a XP model or not, being that the XP's already have that LED strip in the top of the headlights? Anyone know, or any have their kit on an XP?

Update: Got a response this afternoon, have an order placed and am anxiously waiting to get the kit installed!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I have the WD kit on my 2020 Deluxe that also has the LED in the top of the headlight. The sequential strips were still needed for the indicator lights.

I bought my kit several months ago, so can’t comment on recent communications. They were great when I worked with them, even quickly sending a replacement indicator lead when one of the plugs connectors wiring had pulled out of the plug.

The kit is worth the wait

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered street legal kit 8/26 and still hasn't shipped. Anyone use this company? Company was emailing me but has ceased contact.
Update: WDE has replied and the kit is shipping today. Has taken two weeks but I am hoping it will be worth it. Thanks to WDE for their response.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My kit arrived yesterday, got it installed on the XP this morning. All in all it went pretty well (I really hate the 'BS' of opening up the dash though).
*"Pro Tip" (from a Rookie) for anyone installing one of these. When you get to the part of the "6 & 7 pins", test that you have the L & R correct. Big pain to go back and change it! I emailed Aaron and suggested they update their instructions to state which color wire goes to which pin location.

All that said, it's a nice kit, really glad I got it! As far as being seen by traffic, I think the rears are great, and the fronts are 'alright' (that being said, still the best on the market)!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My kit arrived yesterday, got it installed on the XP this morning. All in all it went pretty well (I really hate the 'BS' of opening up the dash though).
*"Pro Tip" (from a Rookie) for anyone installing one of these. When you get to the part of the "6 & 7 pins", test that you have the L & R correct. Big pain to go back and change it! I emailed Aaron and suggested they update their instructions to state which color wire goes to which pin location.

View attachment 66923

View attachment 66924

All that said, it's a nice kit, really glad I got it! As far as being seen by traffic, I think the rears are great, and the fronts are 'alright' (that being said, still the best on the market)!
Trump supporter

Reflections

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trump supporter

Reflections

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Haha, I try not to promote things like that.. cause I'm sure there is someone even in this group of cool people that has opposing views... But.. Yep...! Keen observation too! 🍺 (y)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Received the 4-Way flasher 'hazard' light switch from WD today. Buying it was for two reasons; (1) I thought it might be cool to have (and to have flashers while plowing snow). (2) I didn't want to tear the dash open JUST to fix the '6 & 7' pin wires that their instructions didn't identify for L & R. *Since those 6 & 7 pins seem to lock into the connector block and not be removable, I just cut the wires and reconnected them 'crossed' so the indicators flash for the correct side of the machine.

Hazard button related- On their site they show a button with a generic blue square illuminated indicator on it. In my mind I thought, if it's for hazard lights, why not have it RED or ORANGE... But Anyways... Then to my disappointment the switch WD sent me has NO light at all, it doesn't indicate that it's doing anything on the switch. Fortunately the indicators in the dash flash, it's just kinda lame that the switch is just a plain A$$ black plastic switch with no labeling or lighting. I think I have a pretty cool General (a dang expensive toy), and now it has this Walmart looking switch on the dash.... Ughhhh!

Bottom line, I still think it's the nicest kit on the market- But that doesn't mean it's perfect! I think about $3 more cost on the front end along with about 5 minutes to update their instructions- Then it'd be a great kit!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts