Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking out mounting a stereo, or tablet which I can use for maps in that centre opening in the dash. Has anybody tried sticking an iPad mini or android tablet in there yet?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Lowrance Baja gps would be the one I bought if I had the money it has all topo maps built in. I think.
You add google maps and topo maps to the one I have but I can not figure it out. I'm not the best with computers. The GPS work very good, the only issue I have with it is that it takes about 10 min for the gps to find my location.

·
Registered
348 Posts
ironsbrandon do you have an external antenna or are you just using the internal antenna?
Im using the internal antenna right now. I was going to buy the external antenna but I did not know If it was any better. As far as I can tell it is pretty accurate once it has found my location and I have never lost it once I have been found.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
145 Posts
For those that are running with tablets, do you have to have the data package to do this, or are you tethering off of your phone?
The samsung tablets and most android tablets have built in GPS no data needed. All you need to do is have your maps downloaded ahead of time while on WIFI or data. Then they will work anywhere for mapping. The app I have found to work the best for what I need is called Back country navigator. Lots of great tutorials on youtube on how to use it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts