Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to hook an amplifier or powered sub woofer to the stock MTX overhead sound bar yet? If so, can you tell me what connectors are needed. I have a bar ordered and on the way, and would like to add a sub woofer to it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well This is what I have found. MB quarts makes the same adapter that is on the MTX soundbar that goes to RCA plugs. That would work great but they are both female ends so this is what you will see when you open the top of the soundbar. As far as I can tell you will probably have to splice in your own RCA jacks but this is what the plug looks like that you would need to cut into to make them work. Not that it helps but here is the website that has that adapter.

JSTRCA2 | MB Quart

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well This is what I have found. MB quarts makes the same adapter that is on the MTX soundbar that goes to RCA plugs. That would work great but they are both female ends so this is what you will see when you open the top of the soundbar. As far as I can tell you will probably have to splice in your own RCA jacks but this is what the plug looks like that you would need to cut into to make them work. Not that it helps but here is the website that has that adapter.

JSTRCA2 | MB Quart
I've wrote up on here about this before. I cut that plug off and there was no signal besides a steady 6v coming through 2 wires on that connector. Could be my max bar, but I suspect there may be a little more than splicing on RCA's to them (some sort of convertor box) to it. I ended up splitting the mtx in half and tapping speaker wires and going to a convertor for low level outs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've wrote up on here about this before. I cut that plug off and there was no signal besides a steady 6v coming through 2 wires on that connector. Could be my max bar, but I suspect there may be a little more than splicing on RCA's to them (some sort of convertor box) to it. I ended up splitting the mtx in half and tapping speaker wires and going to a convertor for low level outs.
Good to know before I cut mine. I found the audio in was just a standard 3.5mm jack not sure why they couldnt make the RCA jacks as easy for Audio out.:|

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took the sound bar apart and spliced into the left and right speaker wires and ran those to the compartment behind the passenger seat where I have a JL mhx 300 amplifier mounted and a custom box behind the head rest with two 8" pioneer bi-flats.

Cant hear the front differential noise now! Lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
I took the sound bar apart and spliced into the left and right speaker wires and ran those to the compartment behind the passenger seat where I have a JL mhx 300 amplifier mounted and a custom box behind the head rest with two 8" pioneer bi-flats.

Cant hear the front differential noise now! Lol
any pictures of your box?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Try the bedliner First then if you don't like it carpet it! :grin2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not sure if im gonna carpet the box or try covering it with bedliner[/QUOTE]

Can you please post some more pics once you have it installed. I would like to do the same thing but dont want to compromise space. Does it basically fit where the back panel would go under the window?
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I will have to move my seat forward about 1 1/2" to clear the speaker, but might be a little less if i put grills over the speakers.

I'll get some pics

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I like the location of the box out of the way and puts speakers were they need to be!

Still having trouble remembering I even have a radio never had one on any other sxs so not sure I see a box in the future. :grin2:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have found the correct plug and pins to connect to the pre-out on the MTX sound bar on the General Deluxe and have them on order. I will make up a cable and see if it will work on mine. I have ordered extra parts to make up a few adapter cables for anyone that is interested (if it works).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have found the correct plug and pins to connect to the pre-out on the MTX sound bar on the General Deluxe and have them on order. I will make up a cable and see if it will work on mine. I have ordered extra parts to make up a few adapter cables for anyone that is interested (if it works).
Please keep us informed!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm thinking a 250W 10" Bazooka marine tube would set off the MTX sound bar nicely. Make it quick disconnect at the front of the bed?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do you mean an adapter that will hook up to the audio line out plug?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I couldn't get any sound out of the audio out wire so I opened up the sound bar and spliced into the speaker wires for my amp input. But Im sure it will void any warranty on the sound bar!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wi think this is what everyone is looking for. It's the plug fromMTX for audio out to aftermarket Amps and subs

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Nice find lets hope it works !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts