Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have the Polaris GENERAL™ Pro-Fit Lock & Ride® Glass Rear Panel

Thinking of purchasing Polaris GENERAL™ Pro-Fit Lock & Ride® Glass Rear Panel.
Its the glass one. I noticed it has a solid piece below the glass and some of the aftermarket ones don't.
Is this a big deal or not?

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
It will come with the window when you get it. Covers the area under the window that the window does not with the after market windows they are plastic or other then glass and they can be bent to fit the area under the cross bar glass cant be made to fit the hole area as easy!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
408 Posts
I agree. I have the glass panel and like it real well. No issues, no scratches.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The genuine Polaris poly rear window has the same setup. As I am not so concerned about scratches on the back glass, do you think the poly one (at $60 cheaper) is as good as the glass one at sealing up the back end?

Tim

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
The genuine Polaris poly rear window has the same setup. As I am not so concerned about scratches on the back glass, do you think the poly one (at $60 cheaper) is as good as the glass one at sealing up the back end?

Tim

I would think that they would both be the same as far as sealing after all they both mount the same!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I also have the Polaris rear glass panel. It does a great job of keeping dust out of the cab, and as has been said already, no scratches after you clean it up.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
And its really nice that if you want to install harnesses, or do something else...you simply turn the two top clamps 90 degrees, lean the top of the windshield out, lift it off the cage cross tube...and set it somewhere safe.

Polaris has made both the front and rear glass windshields very user friendly in terms of putting them in or taking them out!!!

And if you bought...and hopefully had the dealer install the heater/defroster kit...the two windshields have allowed me to drive at 12,800 feet elevation, snow flakes swirling around...and me wearing a long sleeve T-shirt and a denim over shirt only...because "she who must be obeyed" had on her zipper sweatshirt with my zipper sweatshirt over that...turn the heat knob about 2/3 around, turn the fan to level 1...and in minutes there is warm air moving around the cab...and didn't even need gloves....and it took another 40 minutes to get back to the Toyhauler!!!

So I don't see me getting the upper doors...don't need 'em!!

Pirate

1 - 16 of 16 Posts