Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought it last Friday at about 8pm and had it loaded up on the trailer for a trip to Silver Lake Sand Dunes the next day. Put on just over 100 miles and lets just say that I am quite impressed with how this thing handles the bumps and hills. And I am a 1st time SxS owner too. :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Welcome powerranger from another Michigander :grin2:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome powerranger!
I am also from Michigan we are getting ready to make reservations for a early fall silver lake run after the summer prices end. I rented my first RZR there and bought one that fall.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome powerranger!
I am also from Michigan we are getting ready to make reservations for a early fall silver lake run after the summer prices end. I rented my first RZR there and bought one that fall.
I will have to keep an eye out as we are planning another trip early fall sometime. Couple of friends are wanting to take their tractor tire trucks up there and don't want to go through the hassle of having to get parking lot vouchers.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I will have to keep an eye out as we are planning another trip early fall sometime. Couple of friends are wanting to take their tractor tire trucks up there and don't want to go through the hassle of having to get parking lot vouchers.
Do you need parking lot vouchers if you stay at a local hotel and ride in.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just bought it last Friday at about 8pm and had it loaded up on the trailer for a trip to Silver Lake Sand Dunes the next day. Put on just over 100 miles and lets just say that I am quite impressed with how this thing handles the bumps and hills. And I am a 1st time SxS owner

Is that a flag on your front bumper? Just curious can't see the top.

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Yes that is a flag! he stated going to silver lake that is a sand dune and you must have a flag to be able to inter the dunes. A safety thing. helps other see you over the crest of hill

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you need parking lot vouchers if you stay at a local hotel and ride in.
After Labor day they do not require parking lot vouchers, so parking is pretty easy. The first weekend after Labor Day is Apple fest up there and if it's busy then they will use vouchers. As far as I know you cannot ride a SxS into the dunes unless it is a Ted and insured.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
After Labor day they do not require parking lot vouchers, so parking is pretty easy. The first weekend after Labor Day is Apple fest up there and if it's busy then they will use vouchers. As far as I know you cannot ride a SxS into the dunes unless it is a Ted and insured.
Yes we are cancelling are plans to go there I have drove a rzr I rented there. I like to ride and having to trail it to the motel and haul it everywhere is no fun.
I am going to stay in wolf lake and ride the Lincoln hill trail it has been about 15 years and then I had my 3 wheeler. My hunting property is in Irons.

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Wow trapper your hunting property is just west of reed city were I work and I'm just east of that! Question: what have you found is the good air pressure in the tires at silver lake was thinking about 8 lbs. would be were I would start. Maybe will see you over in wolf lake and do some riding will have to see if I'm working or is my weekend off. have you ever checked out Wiskey river camp ground? nice place and very SBS friendly.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow trapper your hunting property is just west of reed city were I work and I'm just east of that! Question: what have you found is the good air pressure in the tires at silver lake was thinking about 8 lbs. would be were I would start. Maybe will see you over in wolf lake and do some riding will have to see if I'm working or is my weekend off. have you ever checked out Wiskey river camp ground? nice place and very SBS friendly.
For Silver Lake, I was running 5.5 lbs up front and 6.5 in the rear. Could have went lower but it did fine out there at that pressure. Only clicked it into 4 wheel drive one time when it got stuck in the trees.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I will pm you the date we go to wolf lake I have a 20 acre parcel I want to sell 1/2 mile of Lincoln hill trail. And I need to work on the road and then ride. I am 7 miles south of M55 off M37. Irons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts