Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about buying a 2016 General deluxe. Haven't bought it yet.

I have compared the three models and the Deluxe has the better suspension and tires.

We currently have two Can-ams - 1 - 2008 Renegade 500 twin-V and one 2015 Outlander Max Limited (2-up) with ALL the bells and whistles. We are planning on selling he Renegade and getting a side-by-side (General Deluxe).

We do lots of mudding and sometimes deep water so I first looked at the 900 Ranger High Lifter but I wasn't comfortable in the cab. It was too utilitarian for my taste. The RZR was too sporty.

The general looks perfect but here's my issue.

I want it higher and possibly snorkeled.

Snorkeling: I noticed the two factory snorkels under the hood. From what I've read, one is air intake and one CVT intake. I also see another factory snorkel on the side just behind the drivers side door. Is that CVT exhaust? Also, I read there's another point of entry under the air filter. Is that true?

Understand that I am NOT PLANNING on drowning the bike, I just want "insurance" so if I do get caught up in some deep water, I'll be OK. We are in Central Florida (River Ranch) and depending on the season, the trail conditions can get pretty hairy - from dusty dry to muddy to deep, DEEP water.

Lift: I originally looked at the Ranger High Lifter but as I said, it's not my style. With that said, I'd like to put maybe a few inches of lift (2"-4") and possibly some bigger mud tires (from 27" to 28"-29"). Does anyone have some suggestions on that?

Will larger tires like the mud tires the High Lifter has fit on the General without any suspension modifications?

Thanks for any suggestions. I hope to be an owner soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If I was you I would wait for the HighLifter edition of the General to come out, it sounds like that would suite you perfect. It's only a matter of time. Personally, I'm just waiting for a decent color.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about that but the wife really wants one and if she's willing to spend $$...I'm in!

I can put larger tires and snorkel...if needed. The General is a nice frickin bike compared to other brands...really nice with a competitive price when compared to other similar machines.

We will get one, it's just a matter of time at this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts