Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok, so the page is coming along.

Is there any info you would like to see that I haven't covered?

· Registered
2022 General Deluxe
14 Posts
This is an excellent thread!
I was all about going there over 10 years ago. Went on their website almost daily for a year. Contacted houses to rent, and other places to stay, Then I started reading the scary stuff. Stories of bad accidents, near death incidents, and worse than that. I also read and talked to a few that said you could die trailering your rig to some of these trails, as easily as you could perish on the trails themselves. Read a harrowing story on the HM website from a guy who went there with his wife. They were trying to just ride the "bunny" trails, or the easiest ones there. He wrote that the problem he encountered was that they don't rate the access trails to get off the system into the towns for food and fuel. It was so scary going down the access trail, that his wife refused to go back to the trails. They were told they were 8 miles from the trailhead where they parked, down a busy road that didn't allow ATV's. They rode it back regardless. So, after reading a lot of these stories, I chose not to go there. However, I'm sure if one had good knowledge beforehand, a safe and pleasurable experience could certainly be had there. Perhaps an outline of different rides one could take there. A brief synopsis of say an easy riding weeklong trip, and intermediate trip, and a technical experience trip, might be of great service.
Just a thought.

· Registered
2022 Polaris General 1000 Premium
667 Posts
I've been coming up here for 4 years Connman, there has never been a time I have felt unsafe, the trails are well labeled, everyone is friendly and happy to help, the only thing that will scare you a little are the trails are 2 way, so easy to meet some one in curves, just use common since,.
Another thing that will make you feel better is get in with a guide your first time here, about 50 bucks a machine they will take you on a adventure you will never forget.
Most horror stories you hear up here have alcohol involved in them, it just don't mix👍

· Registered
2022 General Deluxe
14 Posts
That's great advice PT!!
I'm glad to hear of successful adventures there for sure!
It would be great to have a guide there like you said.
That place is pretty vast, and is overwhelming just reading where to go.
Would hate to stumble into a Black or Red trail with no option to bail.
I think I would definitely hook up with a guide when I go.

· Registered
2022 Polaris General 1000 Premium
667 Posts
U get on a bad trail, just turn around and back out and take another, you probably got a local ATV park you ride at, Hatfield is kinda like 3 to 4 different ATV parks hooked together by towns, I guess as large as it is, it is a little intimidating, trails are labeled well with color, don't let it scare you, enjoy it👍

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
A quick update.

For anyone who has ridden Buffalo Mountain and made it up to Death Rock, it is now an official stop on the HM maps. :)

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This is an excellent thread!

They were trying to just ride the "bunny" trails, or the easiest ones there. He wrote that the problem he encountered was that they don't rate the access trails to get off the system into the towns for food and fuel.
Thanks.

But as P.T. noted, this does not sound like the HM I know. While the Greens on the Northern Trails will be a bit rockier than the Greens on the Southern Trails, they are not anywhere near what I would call difficult. Especially in a SXS. All the connectors into towns that I am aware of are Green trails and not a bit sketchy.

Come on up and give it a go. You won't be sorry.

· Registered
22 XP deluxe
4 Posts
Not sure if this thread Is still active but I just got back from a stay at Buffalo mountain. The place is amazing! Best riding I’ve had. Usually ride New Hampshire and a bit in Maine. We had a group with a wide range of machines and experience. Fun for everyone.

· Registered
74 Posts
I was heading out to the logan area last Friday. Got an hour and a half out of town for a 6.5 hour drive to have the water pump fail on my truck. Not much I could do but figure out how to get truck and trailer towed...

Oh well, what you going to do...🤬

21 - 32 of 32 Posts