Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Just sold quad. Ready for my new purchase!!
Looking at pulling trigger on one of these. Preferably a Deluxe
Been keeping track of the front diff rattling noise thread.
Should i be concerned about this?
I speak with 3 dealers and get 3 different answers on rattling noise.
Some dealers have no clue its an issue and aren't aware of the TB.
I plan on test driving if allowable before I purchase
Would it beneficial to wait for 2018 model?
Lastly what accessory did you add first and why. I am thinking windshield.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I would not worry about the front noise just annoying at best. The mew shaft took care of mine! as far as first accessory would agree 100% windshield! at the higher speeds is the best add on ! Not sure what kind of riding you do! if you do not get the deluxe then windshield and top!

And welcome to the site nells! you will love the General very cool ride! :grin2:

Reactions: MMX and Trapper

·
Registered
197 Posts
Skid plate..... Its the best thing I have bought for mine.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Na you don't need a windshield. Wheels and tires should be the first. (He said sarcastically). But yes if you do any riding in the cold I would get the frount windshield and back window. But if you do ride when temps are about 80 I would get a half windshield to or get a vented full windshield. These thangs do get hot in the cab during the summer.

Reactions: kelhunts

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Yeah, now that it's starting to get cool, I wish I had a windshield. I hate cold weather. :frown2:

You should be here up north. I agree the older I get the more I hate it! or should I say my body hates it!:frown2:

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
My daughter use to live in burton so know the area well. I grew up in Inkster outside Detroit went north on vacation back in the early 80s and never went back!

Reactions: Trapper and MMX

·
Registered
120 Posts
How do you plan on using the General? Will you sometimes be going solo, with no other vehicles tagging along? Will you be using it in all weather conditions, or is it a fair weather only machine?

When I set up an off road vehicle the first thing I worry about it recovery gear. So a storage box for the bed is important, with tow straps, shovel, saw, tire repair kit, air compressor, and tools. If you never go alone, or the vehicle is small enough that you can pick it up (ATV) you don't need a winch. But if you go alone in a UTV sized vehicle a winch is important.

The second thing I worry about is personal protection. On an ATV that means proper clothing and a helmet, but on a UTV with a cab option, adding the cab is a good thing if you're using it in all weather conditions.

Next I worry about protection for the machine, so bumpers, skid plates, and rocker gaurds are next on the list.

After all that I start to think about things like GPS, LED light bars, aftermarket tires, wheels, etc. These things are usually so far down the list that I never get around to getting them, except for tires on some off road vehicles. The General Deluxe comes with pretty decent tires and wheels though.

So, welcome to the forum, don't wait for the 2018, and have fun with your new General.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You'll want mirrors right off the bat, not to expensive but much needed.
Also a set of fender flares, battery protection, radiator protection, and close off that fuel tank area.

Hang on, it's an accessory rich environment!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the feedback! I had a dream last night. Guess what i was driving a General. Its a sign saying go buy go buy LOL!!
Do you think there will be any major changes on the 2018 model? Likely paint color. I am not reading anywhere where there are any major issues other than diff rattling but have my doubts its a widespread major problem. If it really is Ill wait.
Plan on using it more solo. Ride with a very small group sometimes just another person. Where i live there aren't large groups that go out. The land we ride on is very private. As far as I am concerned thats fine with me.
Local dealer has a '17 Deluxe in stock
All i need to do is work out a deal.
How did most of you purchase your machine?
Did you finance? Do you wait till late model year where they offer rebates etc? From what I've seen the Deluxe doesn't get much in terms of rebates etc.
I plan on putting down a large down payment and finance the rest. Is Polaris financing a good way to go? I figure if rate is good why not.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I sold my Ranger so had a good down payment and went threw credit union. Best rates and all I need is to call them and its done! always use them! Check around for the best rate!
I waited till the 17 deluxe came out just because of the turf mode and wife liked the color! :grin2:

Reactions: 2722

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went right for all of it right off the bat. Ordered the Polaris heater, tip out windshield, rear glass and at the time the deluxe glass opening window upper doors. As we all know the upper doors were discontinued and one can assume with the problems encountered with the poly ones I am sure when the glass ones flexed out at speeds they probably broke. Just as well as Randy's will be much better. Like everyone else as I am aging the cold is less tolerable and heat sure feels good! The tip out glass is incredible when really warm you just open it up wide. I have ne regrets on the Polaris accessories I bought also the nerd bars were very important for me as I run trails in the woods around trees. Without the bars one close call on a tree would destroy a door. The nerd bar pushes off and no harm done.

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
How do you plan on using the General? Will you sometimes be going solo, with no other vehicles tagging along? Will you be using it in all weather conditions, or is it a fair weather only machine?

When I set up an off road vehicle the first thing I worry about it recovery gear. So a storage box for the bed is important, with tow straps, shovel, saw, tire repair kit, air compressor, and tools. If you never go alone, or the vehicle is small enough that you can pick it up (ATV) you don't need a winch. But if you go alone in a UTV sized vehicle a winch is important.

The second thing I worry about is personal protection. On an ATV that means proper clothing and a helmet, but on a UTV with a cab option, adding the cab is a good thing if you're using it in all weather conditions.

Next I worry about protection for the machine, so bumpers, skid plates, and rocker gaurds are next on the list.

After all that I start to think about things like GPS, LED light bars, aftermarket tires, wheels, etc. These things are usually so far down the list that I never get around to getting them, except for tires on some off road vehicles. The General Deluxe comes with pretty decent tires and wheels though.

So, welcome to the forum, don't wait for the 2018, and have fun with your new General.
Get ahold of Randy at GRIZZZTEK he will hook you up with the battery, fuel tank, and radiator protection:grin2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts