Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the power steering box under the dash adjustable to remove any slack that has developed in the internal gears ? (see #11 in attached parts diagram)

Mine has slowly loosened up over the years and now rattles excessively regarding any bumps in the trails.

Unfortunately there is a label on the power steering box that states unserviceable ... so unless there is an adjustment like the power steering pumnp in my truck ... it is a $1,900 part replacement for a rattle.

Appreciate any insights you can offer.

Side Note: I checked all the u-joints in the steering linkage and they are all tight ... only the power steering pump is where the "rattling" movement occurs.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Is the power steering box under the dash adjustable to remove any slack that has developed in the internal gears ? (see #11 in attached parts diagram)

Mine has slowly loosened up over the years and now rattles excessively regarding any bumps in the trails.

Unfortunately there is a label on the power steering box that states unserviceable ... so unless there is an adjustment like the power steering pumnp in my truck ... it is a $1,900 part replacement for a rattle.

Appreciate any insights you can offer.

Side Note: I checked all the u-joints in the steering linkage and they are all tight ... only the power steering pump is where the "rattling" movement occurs.
Are you sure the play is in the steering box? None of the control arm bushings , tie rods or ball joints are loose?

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,001 Posts
EPS = electronic power steering
No pump

Rack and pinion also. I doubt there's any adjustment there.

Super ATV sells a HD replacement rack for $375.

New power steering motor for $675.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts