Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 General 4 1000 XP Deluxe Non RC
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anybody by any chance have any extra pins for the radio harness to add rear speakers? I looked online but most places are out of stock. I added 2 rear speakers and spliced into the front speakers to get RCA signal. The problem I am having is I have the amp all the way down and they are waaaay to loud. I can't turn it up over 15 on the dial. So I'm wanting to pin into the harness for the rear speaker so I can fade to the front speakers some so it's not as loud in the back. So if anybody has any of the pins extra and wouldn`t mind letting them go I'll buy them from you! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
What head unit are you using? RC or RF pmxp2? I have a pmxp2 that I removed from my rig. Purchased the stage 2 just for the rear speakers. Did not use the amp that was included. Some other wire harnesses and stuff. Can provide pics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Non ride command unit that came stock. I couldn't find any pins online so I bought the wire harness from the Harley that one guy mentioned in the other thread. I pulled 4 wires out of the harness and going to see if I can add them to the correct pins in the factory harness. Hope this work. I'll let ya know! Thanks

·
Registered
2018 premium
237 Posts
I have the Non ride command unit that came stock. I couldn't find any pins online so I bought the wire harness from the Harley that one guy mentioned in the other thread. I pulled 4 wires out of the harness and going to see if I can add them to the correct pins in the factory harness. Hope this work. I'll let ya know! Thanks
Keep us posted ..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pulled the 4 pins out of the harley unit and added them to my factory harness. I now have front to back fade, but I have static in my speakers when the volume is off. I am scratching my head on this and I spent hours making sure connections were good and stuff was wired up right. I'm almost thinking about not using my amp for my rear speakers and just using the factory radio to run the rear speakers. When I used the front speakers to get signal to my RCA adapter the speakers sounded crystal clear and really loud, but now the static is driving me crazy. I know I'll never ride with the radio turned all the way down so it shouldn't bother me but knowing it sounded clear before is what is killing me...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check the ground. The group that installed my equipment said that bad grounds can cause static. They didn’t use the buss bar. Power and ground are to the battery and chassis. Hope this helps. Keep on rocking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check the ground. The group that installed my equipment said that bad grounds can cause static. They didn’t use the buss bar. Power and ground are to the battery and chassis. Hope this helps. Keep on rocking.
I was thinking about that too, but I already had the amp and everything run before adding the rear pins. I had everything coming off the signal from the front speakers. So that is whats confusing me unless me moving the harness and pulling wires and all that stuff in the dash might have pulled something loose... heck I don't know. Just frustrated!

·
Registered
2020 General 4 Deluxe
25 Posts
i also spliced into my front speakers to convert to RCA. I connected my front speaker the the left output and rear to the right. I use the balance to adjust the fade front to back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts