Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys with front and rear glass...I assume you started hearing things never heard before due to resonating effect.

I added front glass and probably adding rear soon. But now hearing things never heard before and it makes me crazy.

Did you eventually just get used to it? Did you go on massive search mode trying to account and eliminate these new sounds?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the SXS windshield that mounts with the two bolts at the top and the two cage clamps toward the bottom. I hear a creaking sound or whatever you'd like to call it from the flexing of the cage and window frame. Not hearing anything from the back glass. The front and rear break pads rattling bothers me more than anything else!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have the Polaris glass front and rear windshields. Installed by the dealer back in 2016. Don't hear anything weird.
The both use twist clamps that can be tightened and the windshield ain't movin'.

I'm thinking there is something else making noise. Perhaps something recent? Time to inspect the CVT?

Pirate

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've never had an open cab since my General came with front & rear glass so I can't compare, but I think Mike is right. The "enclosed" cab probably does sort of turn into an echo chamber; kind of like humming with a helmet on.

As far as knowing if something is wrong, maybe pop the glass out & take it for a spin to see if you still hear the "new" noise. My lock & ride glass is super simple to take on & off, but I can't speak for other types.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new sounds are not the windshield. Just hearing things not heard before. And they be “natural” sounds that are okay. Just new.

I will probably pull the windshield before next weekend’s ride to verify. Good idea.

The CVT is well maintained and only 100 miles on the belt. New CCI drivelines and carrier bearing.

Maybe just resonating the diff or sloppy pinion noise....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts